• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War113
    replied
    Me for the commissionaires...

and garda...

Now I work as a correctional officer but I have no picts..(soon)

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I updated my posts on page 4 of this thread. The first post included a link to my companies website saying taht it had photos of what our uniforms look like. The website was changed and now had generic security webshots of models in uniforms which look nothing like we wear.
    I also had 2 posts on that page which included photos of our uniforms but they had become little red Xes so I reposted the URLs and now you can see my smiling face again.
    Anyone who had photos on earlier pages should check to make sure the links are still working. Otherwise we have page after page of little red Xes.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Bumped to the top so ARFF312 and others can post pics of their uniforms here.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by S/O245
    LOL you to. I hated them things. When i was a police explorer we had to wear them on the uniforms. Silver buttons. ANd i was always droping a disk or somethin lol. One time i had to use a small safety pin lol.
    I used to have that problem when I had those little brads that stick straight on behind the button over the washer. Now I have spiral brads and the buttons never pop off.

Leave a comment:

• metalgolem
    replied
    My company supplied me with a black shortsleeve polyester shirt (Security over the left breast pocket and company patches on the shoulder) and a yellow high-visibility jacket (with our company name silkscreened on the back.

I like the shirt as it's easy to wash and dry and tends to be wrinkle resistant.
    In winter or cold weather, I wear a black longsleeve turtleneck sweater or
    a mock turtleneck sweater. In summer or warmer weather I wear a lightweight black t-shirt under it.

Our company rules state we are to wear black pants and black shoes.
    Black socks are also suggested. Although none of these are supplied.

I am a mobile patrol supervisor and I do some static sites as well; although
    I am usually driving, patrolling sites and checking on guards at manned sites.

My pants are black BDU's (made by Propper) which I find really comfortable
    and they look professional too.

My boots are Magnum Stealths which for me, are the most comfortable boots to wear (IMHO) for driving, patrolling or standing for any length of time.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    When you order shirt without plastic buttons, you have to cut open the buttons holes. I got pretty good at that.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 04-17-2006, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S/O245
    replied
    LOL you to. I hated them things. When i was a police explorer we had to wear them on the uniforms. Silver buttons. ANd i was always droping a disk or somethin lol. One time i had to use a small safety pin lol.

Originally posted by Tennsix
    Yes, that could apply as well but sheriff is what "S" means on the buttons. Personally, I hate those things. I used to wear them at my previous dept and i hated them with a passion.

Leave a comment:

• knotquiteawake
    replied
    Rio Hondo looks and feels pretty old and rundown. The the quality of the instructors were top notch though. I did not take part in the firearms training, my department will be doing a separate, longer, and more indepth training for guns. I'm not sure if we will be using Rio Hondo or OC Sheriff though.

I take it you went to or know someone at Rio Hondo?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by knotquiteawake
    We do PC-832 at either Rio Hondo Police Academy (thats where i took my class) or Orange County Sheriff's Academy.
    And how did you like Rio Hondo?

But seriously, is Mueller still doing the shoots there? That man is downright scary good with a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• knotquiteawake
    replied
    We do PC-832 at either Rio Hondo Police Academy (thats where i took my class) or Orange County Sheriff's Academy.

I'm not totally sure about the vehicle stops, i know for sure we pull over for campus things like the 15mph speed limit. But we also do stuff like stops for reckless driving (which is a campus rule as well as CVC). For any serious thing we call out the sheriff, like one time when we pulled over a girl who didn't have a licence to drive.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it is radar. And we don't just file a complaint, we conduct traffic stops on campus. As part of our MOU with LASD we have authorization to enforce our traffic laws on campus and as such we can conduct code-3 traffic stops for vehicle violations. People must stop for us because while we are on duty we have Peace Officer power of arrest and detainment, which means if they flee it is evading a "peace officer" type situation. If someone evades us off campus we have to discontinue code-3 pursuit but will follow a short distance if necessary until the Sheriff shows up to pull them over.
    So are the traffic stops only for campus vehicle rules? Because as I read the relative Penal Code, it only applies to arrest authority, not enforcement of the CVC.

Where do you guys do the PC832 classes? Is it an in-house thing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I don't think I'd see red and blue grille lights. Those were always "secondary warning" lights to me. Do you have any dash lighting in the vehicles?
    You should see some of the CHP cars we had in California...A single red steady burning light over the rearview, and wig wags.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I don't think I'd see red and blue grille lights. Those were always "secondary warning" lights to me. Do you have any dash lighting in the vehicles?

Leave a comment:

• knotquiteawake
    replied
    we have strobes on the corners, a red and blue behind the grill and a red takedown light in front of the mirror. and a red and yellow in the rear window.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it is radar. And we don't just file a complaint, we conduct traffic stops on campus. As part of our MOU with LASD we have authorization to enforce our traffic laws on campus and as such we can conduct code-3 traffic stops for vehicle violations. People must stop for us because while we are on duty we have Peace Officer power of arrest and detainment, which means if they flee it is evading a "peace officer" type situation. If someone evades us off campus we have to discontinue code-3 pursuit but will follow a short distance if necessary until the Sheriff shows up to pull them over.
    If you guys are authorizied to make traffic stops, why don't your units have light bars? Does your chief think you will be tempted to light people up off-campus?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X