Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On topic-
    Our Company uniforms are Blue over navy and examples can be seen at our company website at- http://www.amcitguard.com/

Note...recently those of us posted to the facility where I work have switched to an all black uniform. I like the blue shirts better than the new black uniform shirts.

EDIT_ August 20, 2007- The website mentioned above has changed and no longer shows our officers in the uniforms we normally wear. Instead it has photos which appear to be pulled from generic Security sites.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM. Reason: website changed
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
      On topic-
      Our Company uniforms are Blue over navy and examples can be seen at our company website at- http://www.amcitguard.com/

Note...recently those of us posted to the facility where I work have switched to an all black uniform. I like the blue shirts better than the new black uniform shirts.
      Very sharp. I like it. I also agree that the blue shirts do look better.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Midnight blue shirt, leather gear and boots, top hat, and Han Solo pants.
        Attached Files
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

What DOES make uniform pants blouse out like that, anyway? Are you wearing calvary pants? Are they a size too big?

I know that a wrinkled front (horizontal wrinkles going up the lap area) indicates the pants are one half size too small. I don't know what causes the "Han Solo" look, though.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Heres me.
            Last edited by Lawson; 04-27-2006, 11:29 PM.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              don't know what causes the "Han Solo" look, though.
              I belive the "Han Solo" comment is based on a red-stripe on navy pants - as seen on Han Solo in the Star Wars movies .
              The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

Photo of me in older, blue uniform.

Shot at 2007-08-20
                Attached Files
                Last edited by EMTGuard; 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

More recent photo of me in our new black uniform shirts.

Shot at 2006-11-27
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by EMTGuard; 08-20-2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Good News

Our site is changing uniforms. No more blazer look!!!
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

There's a small, slightly dated pic of my current uniform on my myspace page..

http://www.myspace.com/chikan69

(Don't laugh too hard now guys.. )
                      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                      Originally posted by ValleyOne
                      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                      Shoulda called in sick.
                      Be safe!

Comment

There are no pictures of me on the internet.

And it'll take awhile till I have a nice uniform and all to post.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Guys, I thank you for all the suggestions! We have narrowed it down to the following:
                          Forest Green with tan stripe and tan piping on epaulets and flaps
                          Tan shirt w/ OD green pants w/ tan stripe (kinda like LA sheriff's uniforms)
                          Nickel grey shirt w/ black epaulets and black pants w/ matching stripe
                          Black shirt w/ grey epaulets and grey pants w/ black stripe

Now vote on the above and let me Know!

BTW, the badge will be a 7 point star, not common in Alabama, I only know of two PDs that use that badge. UAB police in B'ham and Snead Police.

Comment

Well, we're getting ready to switch to the nickel / black, as I mentioned before, so I'm partial to that setup..

The solid color with offset piping is a very formal look, and it's nice to see someone considering it... It doesn't get used enough in my opinion...
                            Personally, I've never liked uniforms that have the shirt darker than the trousers, so I wouldn't vote for the black shirt/grey pants..
                            The company I used to work for used the LASO uniforms for patrol... They're nice, but a little plain, and you tend to get a lot of people saying "What are you, a park ranger?!"

So out of the 4 you listed there, I'd go with either the nickel/black, or the solid green w/ piping..

//.02 cents
                            Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                            Originally posted by ValleyOne
                            BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                            Shoulda called in sick.
                            Be safe!

Comment

I'd go with Slate Grey (Darker) and Black, personally, rather than Nickel Grey.

The Green sounds nice.

Comment

I vote for the green. It is a very sharp look, especially with a gold badge and gold nametag. Instead of the piping you mention think about gold "P" buttons on the shirt pocket flaps and epaulettes.

I have never liked stripes on pants because I always think it makes you look like a bellboy.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X