Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    Polishing the badge and collar brass. Ironing the uniform, polishing your boots. It is all very important. I have seen LEOs with wrinkly, dirty uniforms. Overall, a look I am sure the Chief and Sheriff would be not look fondly on.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Wow, Sgt... Those are some awfully shiny patches on that paramedic's shoulders! LOL (Or is it just the pic?)

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by SEO_09 View Post
    Yeah, it looked clean, it is just kinda unusual to see somehing along those lines. You seem to have a very good personal standard for wearing your uniform.
    I am a huge stickler in regards to uniforms (aside from the goatee). I've been known to randomly walk up to other officers without saying a word and straighten their uniform pins or collar brass. I always get weird looks for that.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    When I worked in Florida, we kept switching the uniform policy for goatees. Full beards were against regulation. Goatees were authorized for a while. Then the Evil Spock factor kicked in and people said we looked too intimidating with goatees.

Then we could have them again.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    We are also allowed to wear facial hair as long as it is neatly trimmed.... now some of the ladies on the other hand...

Leave a comment:

• SEO_09
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Facial hair is allowed as long as it is neatly trimmed.
    Yeah, it looked clean, it is just kinda unusual to see somehing along those lines. You seem to have a very good personal standard for wearing your uniform.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by SEO_09 View Post
    They let you get away with having a gotee? That is a kinda lax grooming standard for regular uniformed duty.
    Facial hair is allowed as long as it is neatly trimmed.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Yep, it sucks in there. The monitors mounted on the wall above the windows don't even work anymore but we can't get them taken down so they just sit up there with their cables hanging down. Paperwork and magazines stacked anywhere. CRT monitors jury rigged to VCRs and powerstrips. Staplers, phones and boxes full of pens, pencils and highlighter markers are pearched on any flat surface.
    Some of us have begged for updated equiptment such as flat screen monitors and new DVRs along with decent camera joystick controls. The plant managers have turned down everything we requested. Hey, we are just contracters. We work with what they give us.
    In all fairness, the laptops belong to me and my partner. Next to the soda bottles you will seean external DVD burner he was using to copy DVDs. The computer on the trash can was one I brought from home to work on. We swapped a fan, power supply and DVD burner.
    Plates and drinks are common since we eat our meals at the desk. No breakroom and no breaktime even if there was. The plate on the desk in that photo was one my partner had used for his biscuits that morning.
    After tommorows shift I'll post a updated photo, without me in it, in the Shack thread.
    For now, let's let this topic rest and get this thread back on track.
    Uniforms anyone?

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    + 1

No offence intended EMTGuard... but your workspace looks like a cyclone just went through

Hoot, it isn't that bad. Some people can do, and some people will never do. He is one who can do quite a lot in my book. He's a brilliant SO, and a credit to the profession. Look at the total package and not one aspect, which may not be seen by the public anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
    No offense intended EMTGuard, (I know you are conscientious, based on your posts) but I had the same feeling.
    + 1

No offence intended EMTGuard... but your workspace looks like a cyclone just went through

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    May I make a well-intended suggestion? If that's the security office, it needs to be squared away, bigtime. Cables are hanging down (hope an OSHA inspector doesn't happen by), computers perched precariously on top of wastebaskets and at the edges of desks where they can be easily knocked off. And, the place is a total mess with plates, pop bottles, etc. It makes a terrible visual statement about your operation, no matter how good it might be otherwise - and anyone walking by the windows can see it!

This is one thing you can take to the bank: Once people get the impression that "security is just a bunch of slobs", you might never change their minds.
    No offense intended EMTGuard, (I know you are conscientious, based on your posts) but I had the same feeling.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    Some weekends it's slow at the plant I don't even feel like wearing my proper uniform. So I'll strip down to my SECURITY Tshirt and hang out at the desk. Here I am on a weekend I spent doing computer repairs and some security work.
    May I make a well-intended suggestion? If that's the security office, it needs to be squared away, bigtime. Cables are hanging down (hope an OSHA inspector doesn't happen by), computers perched precariously on top of wastebaskets and at the edges of desks where they can be easily knocked off. And, the place is a total mess with plates, pop bottles, etc. It makes a terrible visual statement about your operation, no matter how good it might be otherwise - and anyone walking by the windows can see it!

This is one thing you can take to the bank: Once people get the impression that "security is just a bunch of slobs", you might never change their minds.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-17-2007, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SEO_09
    replied
    They let you get away with having a gotee? That is a kinda lax grooming standard for regular uniformed duty.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Here is our uniform vs. our paramedics. They wear tan and brown, we wear black.
    (me on the left {obviously} and my former high school classmate/roommate/groomsman and just a good bud on the right)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Some weekends it's slow at the plant I don't even feel like wearing my proper uniform. So I'll strip down to my SECURITY Tshirt and hang out at the desk. Here I am on a weekend I spent doing computer repairs and some security work.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X