X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMTGuard
    replied
    On topic-
    Our Company uniforms are Blue over navy and examples can be seen at our company website at- http://www.amcitguard.com/

Note...recently those of us posted to the facility where I work have switched to an all black uniform. I like the blue shirts better than the new black uniform shirts.

EDIT_ August 20, 2007- The website mentioned above has changed and no longer shows our officers in the uniforms we normally wear. Instead it has photos which appear to be pulled from generic Security sites.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM. Reason: website changed

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    Intermediate? Critical Care? Paramedic? CCEMTP?
    EMT-P. Don't it anymore but I still do some teaching.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    I'm actually in the middle of a uniform redesign myself... But we've decided on the grey/black two-tones from Quartermaster... (Grey shirt w/ black pockets/epaulets, black trousers w/ grey stripe)

The only department that wears this color scheme is a County Sheriffs agency 50 miles away, so there's very little chance of anyone mistaking us for PD, but it still gives a very professional appearance. I'll get a pic when we get them in.

EDIT: N.A.: Those nickel grey you mentioned are really nice. A friend of mine runs a company in the Portland area, and they switched to those... They're darker than the standard grey, but still light enough to offset the black trousers.
    I have an ace in the whole when it comes to astetics. (However you spell that.) My girlfriend, before her current field of study (AAS-RN), went to 3 years of college to be in computer animation. That means 3 years of traditional and computer art school, at Art Institute of Chicago.

When I think of something about the uniforms, etc, I run it by her. She is the "average citizen," as one of my posts indicated. That means when she looks at a uniform, she looks at the shiny badge and the color and not much else. But she does notice such things like "That color looks wrong," and "that looks too much like KPD," and "That duty gear looks bad. That... Uncle Mikes?"

So, if I glance at someone, I've just inventoried their duty rig, their badge, their nameplate, their patches, and their shoes... She's going, "oooh, police mans."

Ok, looked at my QM catalog. The item is S31-220 Slate Grey. The darker of the two. For those of you with the newest LE catalog from Quartermasters, they have a picture of a fully "worn" uniform on page 23. We're missing the power supply for my GF's scanner (Its buried in a box somewhere) so I can't scan it in. Slate Grey pants, Slate Grey shirts. If I can find it, Slate Grey tie.
    Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 02-13-2006, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    we are pushing the nickle grey w/ black epaulets and grey matching stripe along with forest green w/ tan stripe and tan piping along the epaulets and pocket flaps now.

The grey/black two-tone is a sharp uniform combo!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    Are you deputy jones from Reno911?!?!
    LOl no...

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    At what level? I work EMS on side also. I used to be a volunteer firefighter as well.
    Advanced Life Support.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I'm actually in the middle of a uniform redesign myself... But we've decided on the grey/black two-tones from Quartermaster... (Grey shirt w/ black pockets/epaulets, black trousers w/ grey stripe)

The only department that wears this color scheme is a County Sheriffs agency 50 miles away, so there's very little chance of anyone mistaking us for PD, but it still gives a very professional appearance. I'll get a pic when we get them in.

EDIT: N.A.: Those nickel grey you mentioned are really nice. A friend of mine runs a company in the Portland area, and they switched to those... They're darker than the standard grey, but still light enough to offset the black trousers.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Yeah, thats me and walsh

Are you deputy jones from Reno911?!?!

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    15 years of it and I had my absolute fill of the bull**** way the private ambulance companies treat their employees. Pay at 7.00-12.00 hr for Paramedics, with EMTs getting 6.00-to 8.00 at the most. have to pay 75% of Insurance provided, one unit per 20,000 or so people, 24 hr shift with 18-20 runs per shift and managements refusal to run more units because they're afraid it may cost them a damn dollar. Our people were so tire they were sleeping through call outs and in one case were fatally wounded by a train at a crossing one 4am. This is a phenomenon that seems to be prevalent here in Alabama more so than anywhere else. The fire guys have only a fraction of the runs due to proper staffing. Goddamned ****headed ambulance companies can bite my ass!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    Got your back, brother!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Thanks I worked in EMS too. I did it on the side for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    LOL, Tennsix is a good guy!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I like the Commando Sweaters, either the Liberty contractor or the original NSN type. The Blauer ones are OK, and the "jersey knit" sucks in my opinion. It should have ribbing.

I've been eternally turned off of the light blue / dark blue, and I don't know why. LAPD Navy is used by the local police up here, or else I'd use it. I'd rather not have my people confused with the local police.

Tennsix looks like the type of guy who will either be really cool, or give you a ration of ____, depending on what level of stupidity has brought him to your doorstep.
    LOL I give what I get. I have been known to overlook the occasional act of foolishness but if a dork wants to dance, I will put on the music. The porch light is always on at the Sheriff?s bed and breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I like the Commando Sweaters, either the Liberty contractor or the original NSN type. The Blauer ones are OK, and the "jersey knit" sucks in my opinion. It should have ribbing.

I've been eternally turned off of the light blue / dark blue, and I don't know why. LAPD Navy is used by the local police up here, or else I'd use it. I'd rather not have my people confused with the local police.

Tennsix looks like the type of guy who will either be really cool, or give you a ration of ____, depending on what level of stupidity has brought him to your doorstep.

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    Thanks, buddy!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X