X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger-type gigs

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NRM_Oz
    Normally you need to be interested in botanical stuff as well and grow a beard to look like a cave man - some women included.

Classic.

All kidding aside, some of these non-mainstream law enforcement assignments can be the most rewarding. I've always gravitated to positions of this ilk. The further out the better. Park Ranger work would be okay. But, working in the forest is more my style.

I spent almost ten years as a forest cop in very remote areas. Many of my contemporaries tended to view me as an odd bird, but, those jobs are one of the best kept secrets in LE. --K.
    Last edited by SpecialAgentKC; 02-03-2008, 06:46 PM.
    Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice_Hound View Post
      I am PROUD to have served as a park ranger and PROTECTED its vistiors and resources. I am PROUD to have started to clean restrooms and CATCHED rapists in the act. I am PROUD to have weed wacked for 15 hours a week and MITIGATED potential thousand acre wildfires. I am PROUD to have fixed the broken park bench and PREVENTED an injury to an innocent park patron.

I was PROUD to have a SHOVEL in the bed of my truck and a MOSSBERG 500 in the CAB.

Taking pride in the enviroment that you work in, putting it into action day after day, heat and rain, confused tourist and drunk drivers alike, is called CRIME PREVENTION. How many more crimes happen in the slums of your community? The same thing applies to our parks.

Today I am proud to be a security professional, I was proud to be a LE Officer, but I was the PROUDEST to be "just" a PARK RANGER.
      Well said.
      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
        Well said.
        Thank you

Justice_Hound
        We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
        -George Orwell

Comment

Park Rangers

Seattle area? The City of Seattle just created Park Ranger gigs for the core downtown parks. They're hiring 6 FTE positions sans the sweeping up type duties. --K.
          Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
            Something good about the park ranger position however is that they warn the people before hiring them. Not like what has happened in hotels where it seems every year someones comes up with something else for us to do to make us look busy. (The problem in our work is that you can never prove what you have prevented).
            Very valid point. Nothing is worse than people adding on to your workload every couple of months or year that isn't in the description.
            Support Our Military
            Brigade QM

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X