• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chik-fil-A customer arrested, mad about sandwich

Chik-fil-A customer arrested, mad about sandwich

Andrew Gant

Saturday January 19th, 2008

Comment on this Story | Read Comments

MARY ESTHER — An argument over a chicken sandwich turned ugly Thursday in the Santa Rosa Mall.

Michael Joel Hamby, 42, of Monahan Drive, faces felony charges for his part.

“Hamby walked to the Chik-fil-A counter and accosted the employees over the price of a sandwich,” according to his arrest report from the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office.

When a security officer asked him to leave, he “grabbed her arm in a forceful manner” and said, “I know your name — it’s Ms. [expletive].”

The officer jerked her arm out of his grip and warned him not to touch her, the report said. She had noticed a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

Hamby then ran out of the mall toward Paige Bacon Road, back to the Sears automotive department and into Sears. A deputy caught up with him at the Sears entrance and put him in handcuffs.

Hamby resisted this, the deputy said. It took three deputies to restrain Hamby on the ground as he kicked and twisted.

He was charged with battery, resisting an officer with violence and violating his probation for a third DUI conviction.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Maybe he'll like the price of his next chicken sandwich - in prison!
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

LOL this is about 45 minutes down the road from me. I've spent many a time in that mall. Heck I think I've gotten a chicken sandwich there and I don't remember having a problem with the price! I know I definitely won't say anything if I do!
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Reminds me of visiting Hawaii in 1991 and ask the owner of the Surplus Store in Waikiki where I could go for a shoot. He pointed to the burger king when a customer came back the week before and shot up the register for giving him the wrong order. I made sure to avoid that place.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I think it was a fowl move on his part.

OK, I'm done now.

Comment

1. Look up at price signage

2. Decide wether or not you want said product

3. Order item; price is non negotiable if'n y'all be drunk or not....
            “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Hey I have seen US visitors here go ballistic over not having water on their tables when they sit down. A big sign at this resort on every table said - "please ask for water if you wish" which was the similar to what I saw in LA in many places on my visits. Forget the water and have a beer, I say.
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
                Maybe he'll like the price of his next chicken sandwich - in prison!
                LMAO Me and my family were just in Chik-fil-A yesterday. Less I remember the signs are there so that stupid people will know what it's gonna cost 'em for that sandwhich. I wonder if it will come with mayo or not?

Let's all hope that the guy doesn't choke on the chicken
                "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                  Forget the water and have a beer, I say.
                  My hero

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                    which was the similar to what I saw in LA in many places on my visits. Forget the water and have a beer, I say.
                    Not anymore NRM.

It had been back in late '80 or early '90 (don't remember).
                    When we had water shortage, state government ask or demand or request whatever to restaurant and bars to NOT automatically serve water unless customer ask for.
                    Because many customer order beer or something else and don't even touch to water glass.
                    Then restaurant waste water in glass and water to wash it.

But not anymore.
                    They serve water automatically even you ask them case of beer.
                    I think that was good system. don't know why they stop doing that.
                    Last edited by Limo LA; 02-01-2008, 12:53 AM.
                    Not many but few chauffeurs are armed to protect clients.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X