X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Thats one way to be allowed to run blue lights.
    Is that code blue instead of code 3?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please pull your persons and shopping carts to the side, keep your hands on the cart, and don't move. May I please see your shopping licensce?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Attention K-Mart shoppers. There is a blue light special on MOVE, DAMN YOU, in Asle 4. Again, GET OUT OF MY WAY in Asle 4.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Mayor
    No, I am hardcore, I police Kmart.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    ...at the mall
    No, I am hardcore, I police Kmart.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyhat
    DMS, thank you for the support.

Mr. Security, if I offended or mislabeled you, I apologize. Sometimes I fall into the trap of placing blame and being misinformed myself. I don't want to close ranks against my Security peers anymore than I wish to do so with LE. Maybe, we start working together as Security professionals first, and then move on from there.
    I appreciate your apology and, having looked back at all the posts on this thread, I may have "jumped the gun" in thinking that you were directing your comment towards me. No hard feelings and thanks for not escalating the situation.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyhat
    Guest replied
    DMS, thank you for the support.

Mr. Security, if I offended or mislabeled you, I apologize. Sometimes I fall into the trap of placing blame and being misinformed myself. I don't want to close ranks against my Security peers anymore than I wish to do so with LE. Maybe, we start working together as Security professionals first, and then move on from there.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    We go around this subject, time and time again in these forums on this same topic. How many threads on this site caters to the "Us vs. Them" mentality? If we spent as much time trying to work with LE instead of against them, who knows what we might accomplish.

You security-types (and I am a security-type) who think you can pop-smoke, move-out, and secure the world without assistance/training/support from LE, you have a long way to go in this industry. A long, long way.

Maybe I'll start another thread, but here's some examples of how LE has helped me and my team, sometimes going out of their way to do so: A Gang Task Force Detective set-up a four hour training class for my Troops working in a high crime area, ON HIS DAY OFF! A Beat Cop who gives his business card (and sometimes his personal cell#) to security officers in his patrol-zone. Another patrol Officer who will literally walk my S/O's through criminal complaint procedures, and help present details to the magistrate when necessary.

I'll bet plenty of you have stories like this. It's rare to see them on this site, however.

If you want to go to O.COM and pick fights, be my guest. Keep in mind you're just hindering progress, regardless of whom is right or wrong. Start doing something to increase cooperation, and quit Bitching about "Why Cops hate me, and why I hate them." It's useless whining that does nothing for anybody.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I clean forgot to mention those PD types who will show us what we need to know or want to know, work with us side by side, etc. etc. They are the ones who served to keep my faith in the police, rather than abhor them totally.

Maybe start another thread about the positive contacts we all have had with the LE agencies we have to deal with?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    No, Sir, I was referring to a group of people in general. However, if you're sensitive to my complaint, I'll make an educated guess you're among those of which I speak.

I do my best never to single-out an attack on any, one individual. Freedom of speech (and the rest of our rights) probably mean more to me than you could ever know.

So, I'll restate my case, and not let you, Mr. Security, take away from my point. Those of you who engage with LE, in certain forums, simply to agitate, are NOT advancing our mission of protection. And those of you who continue to complain about cops, in these forums, are spinning an old tale that nets zero results.
    I explained the reason for my sensitivity, so I'm not sure how you can call your guess "educated." Furthermore, my post doesn't derail your point. I agree with your point and I am not a part of the problem that you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    If you want to go to O.COM and pick fights, be my guest...
    I take it that you're referring to me, based on an earlier post I made on this thread about getting kicked off of O.com. Therefore, I'm going to set the record straight. I became a member of O.com because I like cops (most). Many of my initial posts there are pro-cop. Unfortunately, it didn't take long to figure out that many members on that forum strongly dislike and disrespect security officers. I got sick of their negativity towards security and took the offensive. I knew the consequences, but at least I exposed a couple of jerks on there. So don't start lumping me in with people who don't like cops.

If you weren't referring to me, I'll be glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    No offense, but you shouldn't believe everything you hear. The only really expensive areas of the city are in Manhattan....
    Brooklyn Heights will set you back to.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work patrol. Learning about the real world. I do not think all cops are bad. For a govt. class I did go on a ride along a few years back, and many of the cops I spoke with were racist and homophobic.
    Unfortunately, you are quite correct Mayor, there are racist and homophobic cops out there. I have seen a few myself. Fortunately, they are a dying breed. Not dead, but dying. It goes back to what I said earlier about no system being perfect. A few people who should never wear any type of badge will slip through the cracks.

However, the strict police screening tests will weed most of them out somewhere along the line, be it during the interview, background, or psych. Since no such comparable standards exist in the private security world (I know there are a few exceptions out there, I am speaking generally) there are MANY more security guards who are racist and homophobic than cops. Combine a racist and/or homophobic outlook with a "badge-heavy" authoritarian attitude, and little to no training and you have a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. I have found several of these kinds of people in the security world and have tried to stay as far away from them as possible.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've not heard of any staffing problems at the LAPD. Is this really an issue?
    Yes, staffing is a major problem for the LAPD. Ever since Willie Williams became Chief there has been a major exodus of experienced officers from the LAPD, including me. It only got worse under Parks. I left before Bratton became Chief but I have heard good things about him from my friends who are still on the job.

Morale in the LAPD has been rock bottom basically since the riots, and then the scandal with that idiot Perez did even more damage! Don't get me started on him and his cronies!

I have heard (but cannot confirm) that LAPD has about a 50% failure rate for applicants, even with the new lower standards. I have heard that several cadets are failing out of the academy as well. My academy class started with 40 recruits and we graduated 36. Combine this with a nationwide shortage of cops and you get a staffing nightmare.

Finally, LA has never been a police-friendly city. The city likes to keep police staffing levels to the bare minimum.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work patrol. Learning about the real world. I do not think all cops are bad. For a govt. class I did go on a ride along a few years back, and many of the cops I spoke with were racist and homophobic.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If I seem "sour", well I suppose I get kind of sour when I think about how much I love my country..and we got the FBI failing, and things like 9/11 etc. happening because our police forces fail us. I guess I am just strange though..I suppose I should be happy, right?
    Mayor, I find your comment about "our police forces fail us" to be very revealing about your character.

Remember, that we do not live in a perfect world. Every system has it failings, and police work is not exempt. Also, I believe that The People get the law enforcement that they deserve. If The People want to hamstring the police with excessive limitations, then so be it. I do not want to turn this thread into a political discussion, but I personally believe in stringent controls on government power and I am very liberal when it comes to social issues. Does that surprise you Mayor?

Also Mayor, I see you are still a university student. When you graduate and get out into the "real world" you will see that there is a BIG difference in what you were taught in the "ivory tower" and how what you were taught applies out in the world. I have two personal experiences with this. I am a university graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management. My first job out of college was as an auditor for an auditing firm. I found there was a vast difference between the THEORIES I was taught and how it was practically applied in the business world.

Secondly, I found another gap in the training I received in the police academy and what actually occurred "on the streets!" But that is a discussion for another forum. I will never forget the words of my first Field Training Officer, "Forget everything you learned in the academy, boy, this here is the streets!"

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X