Google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google?

Anyone ever 'Google' themselves? OK I admit that I have, as well as my company&department to see what others may be saying about our company, can make for decent time passing in the wee hours of a night shift, so far nothing negative found about my self LOL.

Anyone have an interesting find???

C'mon admit it I'm not the only one...
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
    Anyone ever 'Google' themselves? OK I admit that I have, as well as my company&department to see what others may be saying about our company, can make for decent time passing in the wee hours of a night shift, so far nothing negative found about my self LOL.

Anyone have an interesting find???

C'mon admit it I'm not the only one...
    I have the same last name as a minor character from a Canadian science fiction show as well as a castle in Germany.

That's it.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

I do, about twice a month. I look to see where my website is ranked.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Back in high school I found out that I shared the same name as the area president of alcoholics anonymous at the time. Foreshadowing?
        "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
          Back in high school I found out that I shared the same name as the area president of alcoholics anonymous at the time. Foreshadowing?
          And do they give you a family discount?
          The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Actually I haven't done this for a while... So thanks for reminding me.

Apparently I share my full name with a Pittsburgh Steeler.. Go figure.. LOL Didn't find anything about myself, though, and I went 10 pages in... I figure there MIGHT be something about me farther in, but I didn't bother for now.
            Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
            Originally posted by ValleyOne
            BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
            Shoulda called in sick.
            Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
              Like what? 10% off a case of beer?

Sorry, had to...
              I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

Comment

My best mate had issues with his home loan and I ran an internet check through google and found out there was a warrant out for someone of his name and age (but different date of birth and skin colour). Either way - it would require a further check but at least he was famous - in the wrong way for internet fraud.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I just did mine. Holly crap! Guy arrested for murder with my full name. I can understand first and last maybe. But middle too. That's just freaky. Not to mention just wrong.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Teaching the internet to an old boy LPO, we searched names of crooks and he check his own name before typing in the first name of another staff member (when I explained he needed the surname as well). Up comes current workplace safety claims for compensation he has applied for and the findings of another recent case against him. After warning HR, I was brushed off and not some 4 months later after I left another claim goes in for compensation - just like clockwork. He resigned without notice pending police investigations. So you never know WHAT is found online do you ?
                    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                      That's for quitters.

If you guys want to find out who else may be sharing your name there is always : http://www.zabasearch.com/
                      "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Yes I do. I also do ZABA searches, and other searches, to find out what is being said if anything.

I consider doing this type of check the approx same as checking my credit files, which if you are not doing, you should, especially since all the credit companies have to provide you with a free credit report each year if you request it.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
                          Yes I do. I also do ZABA searches, and other searches, to find out what is being said if anything.

I consider doing this type of check the approx same as checking my credit files, which if you are not doing, you should, especially since all the credit companies have to provide you with a free credit report each year if you request it.
                          What are ZABA searches???

And why haven't I been informed of this!!!!!

Comment

I googled myself (somehow it just sounds wrong to "google yourself!") and found a TV minister in Michigan with my name. I googled my wife's name and found a lesbian activist professor out east and a woman in Finland who writes science fiction novels.
                            I told my wife I should buy a few of the books so she can put them in her office and impress her co-workers!
                            Last edited by Badge714; 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling, syntax
                            "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Undoubtedly.....I'm a nobody.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X