Fraternity Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraternity Security

It just so happens that one of our accounts is a fraternity. Anyways, I get all sorts of odd requests from intoxicated sorority girls... "Can I see your handcuffs?", "Can I play with your stick (baton)?", "Can we get a picture with you?". Oddly enough, I have heard of dozens of photos of myself floating around campus, but I never get to see them. Well thanks to the magical world of www.facebook.com, I finally got to see the end result of one of those requests. This girl asked to wear my jacket, of which I allowed Look at her, and tell me if you would say no! :P
    Attached Files
    Last edited by davis002; 02-24-2007, 03:13 AM.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

DId not ask for her number LOL ? she may like guys in uniform i know a few of them my self LOL

Comment

Its a leather jacket. With a badge. And patches. Of course she wanted to wear it. Its leather.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

What was she wearing under it?

I used to get that all the time. One must use good discrection, but it's a good way to bridge the PR gap. I've let them wear my hat or my coat, but I seldom let them handle my equipment. Don't need some other ignoramous getting ahold of it, resulting in someone getting hurt.

One little ditz took a dare from a friend(thinking I didn't hear them), and she sneaked up behind me and took hold of my gun. Just that quick, I turned my head and shouted "BANG!!" She jumped about three feet in the air, and I think she wet her pants!
        Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
          Frats have security? Is this an off-campus house? I work at a college and we provide the security for all residences on campus, Greek or not.

In fact, I think hiring private security for your place would probably be against the housing agreement.
          Don't kid yourself. I've worked a lot of security for the Greek houses for the local private university here. Started during Xmas vacation, when most of them were gone, and we kept an eye on 3 of the frat houses. Then, after several instances involving alcohol and parties, the Greek Council clamped down on the insanity, and for a while, they were required to hire security for parties and large gatherings. Was off the campus proper, which is why campus security did not nor could not get involved.
          Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

Frats have security? Is this an off-campus house? I work at a college and we provide the security for all residences on campus, Greek or not.

In fact, I think hiring private security for your place would probably be against the housing agreement.
            Lets clarify something. Don't you work at a state college, or another college which is operated by a political subidivision of New York State?

I ask because most private colleges do not have the ability to hire public officers.

Then again, in the south everything but a 4 year state college is entitled to private security only. 4 year state colleges get police departments.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It's on-campus, and we are there typically for "list parties". The university actually likes the fact that the fraternity hires security.
              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                It's on-campus, and we are there typically for "list parties". The university actually likes the fact that the fraternity hires security.
                Are you guys doormen or do you actually work the party? I work a state university PD; most frats don't want us anyplace around their parties. They will hire private security instead. They know we will take enforcement action if we notice any illegal activity.
                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                  Are you guys doormen or do you actually work the party? I work a state university PD; most frats don't want us anyplace around their parties. They will hire private security instead. They know we will take enforcement action if we notice any illegal activity.
                  It's a little bit of both. I make my presence known at the door, and occasionaly i'll walk the dancefloor. If they have a problem with somebody, they either come to the door to get me, or call me on my cell and tell me where to go. The guys in the house are all personal friends of mine. I've been doing the parties for quite some time, that pretty much all of the party-goers know me as well. They have sober house members on hourly-shifts working the list, checking id's, guarding the steps leading to the private floors, etc. I'm more or less a presence at the door. Alot of times we get randoms that try to get in that aren't on the list. A small pissing match usually follows, and that's where I would step in. Since I have been working the door, problems have been very minimal. In fact we are soon to be endorsed by the governing body of all of the fraternities on campus.

Comment

No, it's a private college.
                    Hmm. Its a private college, but I remember that you work as some kind of educational officer or something, and are authorized red lights instead of amber?

Comment

Interesting. Would never fly here. Our union would cry Holy Hell if outside security came anywhere near this place.
                      Until recently, our PD (university police) was not allowed to work frat house parties. An off-duty state trooper was working a party where an under age pledge died following an injury (and excessive intoxication) involving a keg stand. The officer was working the front door and the drive way during the festivities. It made for a very apprehensive situation. Because of that most other area PD?s would not work either. The greeks then had to hire private security. That incident was a few years ago and has since blown over. However, they are still leery about having police officers at their house during parties. The greeks don?t want us there for obvious reasons.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can see that. You usually hire private security or off duty police officers for your events when your trying to limit liability, or when someone demands an impartial third party doing the "bouncing."

For a college party, you can just get the more level-headed, non-intoxicated, somewhat-prepared members of your group to "play bouncer." They may even do it for free, either to redirect that money back towards activities (like beer) or save it for another time.

Comment

Exactly. Honestly, "security" as we look at it is really not needed at all at these parties, but it lets the Greek houses control who gets in.
                          Must be nice... We get rifles, handguns, drugs, fights, etc. We refer to our greek parties as "gun and knife" shows.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been guests of students of schools like that. I don't think it sounds that judgemental, but then, these were prestigous private technical schools where I would visit friends, and half of them were interns for the NSA or CIA. Those kids scared me.

The most that ever came out of that school, while I was there for a weekend, was a fist fight. I talked with the "campus safety officers," at great length (I was thinking of staying...), and found out that 90 percent of the time, the police didn't have to be called as the students feared the CSOs more than the local police. Police don't have the ability to fine your parents 250 dollars per incident, bill your parents or scholarship investigation time, nor have you expelled or suspended from student housing.

Comment

This sounds terribly judgemental, but the people that can afford to go to the school I work at aren't the type to bring guns and knives anywhere. One student pays the salary of 1 and a half officers.
                              We deal with people (not just students) from all walks of life. The rich kids are just as bad, maybe worse because they have the means to conceal their illicit activities. If they are caught, they can hire a high priced attorney to pull their butts out of the fire. If they are students, they can afford to flaunt some cash in the guise of benefactors.

The Dean's office gets a copy of all student arrest reports. Police officers are frequently called as witnesses in judicial hearings.

Because we are a police department, our jurisdiction is not confined to campus. We often work off campus. Moreover, a signficant percentage of our contacts have no university affilation. In short, we are not jugemental. We get all sorts so we just handle runs as they come along. If a person needs to be locked up, away they go. If they are students, they get arrested and a Dean's referral
                              sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X