Working After Drinking Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    I've not had a problem with coworkers drinking while working as a Secuirty Officer.
    My job as a firefighter was where I had the problem. I'd be at work and have fellow firefighters drinking beers. In fact, me speaking out against this practice was what got me expelled from the Volunteer Fire Department and my quiting my job as a paid firefighter. The Volunteer Fire Department had been cited twice by the Alchol Beverage Commission for having beer at the station in a vending machine. Firefighters had been videotaped arriving on scenes visibly intoxicated. I refused to ride in fire trucks driven by guys who had just spent the first two hours of the shift drinking beers. I was rocking the boat so I was expelled which only encouraged me to notify several state and local agencies of what I witnessed. Within months have of the paid staff was fired and fined. The Chief paid a heafty fine and was put on probation for violating several State polices but managed to keep his job.
    Good for you, but I hope that's not your fire district if your house catches fire.

The motto of the VFD where I grew up: We've never lost a foundation.
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Back in the "old" navy (I'm sure Bill Warnock remembers this), it was common to have liquid lunches in port. I was lucky enough on my 1st ship in San Diego, we usually moored at pier 2. The petty officers club was at the head of pier 2. How convenient. Not sure if much ever got done in the afternoons in port.

Even better, at NAS North Island, on fridays in the petty officers club they had a lunch time lingerie show. Closest thing to strippers you'd find on a military base. Ahhh, the good old days.
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
        Back in the "old" navy (I'm sure Bill Warnock remembers this), it was common to have liquid lunches in port. I was lucky enough on my 1st ship in San Diego, we usually moored at pier 2. The petty officers club was at the head of pier 2. How convenient. Not sure if much ever got done in the afternoons in port.

Even better, at NAS North Island, on fridays in the petty officers club they had a lunch time lingerie show. Closest thing to strippers you'd find on a military base. Ahhh, the good old days.
        Integrator, saw some strange but wonderful things while employed at NAVSEA 09B, There was a little blonde who always made sure we understood she was a natural blonde. We were authorized to mess with the officers, but the intelligence was to be found at the Chief's mess. When we gained the trust of the chiefs, they understood we the good guys, they would feed us stuff that was worth its weight in gold. When we debriefed, a NIS Agent asked us how we could find out so much in a two week visit. We answered in unison, "We get off our butts and go down in the ranks and look around." A time or two we left the chief's mess numb and called a cab to take us back to the motel, we were not allowed to stay in guest quarters, because we had the habit of roaming. Our notes at times reflected our numbness. After an eventful trip to Mare Island Shipyard, we were disestablished.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X