Your favorite type of site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite type of site?

Since leaving my first post, I've been booted all the place.
    Done single construction sites where nothing happens, done some sweet computer programming sites with awesome breakrooms, done some mall sites where you wonder why they'd do this unarmed. And some others to boring to remember. But today I was called in to my first site, a medical building (and yes, if you remember I didnt think it was so great at the time) and I remembered why I liked that site. I get to help people there. Today it was the lady "my mother is in a walker" (nothing terribly unusual there) and I need to get to ste ***. Follow me maam and I"ll show you how to get there the shortest route and avoid any stairs. She was quite happy her mom didnt have to try and negotiate the building (and it is poorly designed) and get lost and and walk further than needed.
    I find that kind of work much more fulfiliing than sites that are strictly "security" related.

Been interesting talking to guards about what they like.
    My dream site might be their site from hell and vice versa.
    I'm glad I"m not the boss trying to get the right guard at the right site.

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
    Since leaving my first post, I've been booted all the place.
    Done single construction sites where nothing happens, done some sweet computer programming sites with awesome breakrooms, done some mall sites where you wonder why they'd do this unarmed. And some others to boring to remember. But today I was called in to my first site, a medical building (and yes, if you remember I didnt think it was so great at the time) and I remembered why I liked that site. I get to help people there. Today it was the lady "my mother is in a walker" (nothing terribly unusual there) and I need to get to ste ***. Follow me maam and I"ll show you how to get there the shortest route and avoid any stairs. She was quite happy her mom didnt have to try and negotiate the building (and it is poorly designed) and get lost and and walk further than needed.
    I find that kind of work much more fulfiliing than sites that are strictly "security" related.

Been interesting talking to guards about what they like.
    My dream site might be their site from hell and vice versa.
    I'm glad I"m not the boss trying to get the right guard at the right site.
    Anywhere that offers a challenge and an opportunity for some creativity. I like working broken sites in a trouble shooter role, taking a pile of misused spare parts and building a fast, efficient, humming machine from them. That can be anywhere.
    formerly C&A

Comment

Not sure why but I think I'd like working security at a large theme park somewhere.
      111th PAPD Class
      Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

I like large patrol sites. My favorite site Ive ever worked was a Port, which in of itself was similar to a small city. There were Terminals, residences, businesses, factories, parks, warehouses, etc...

I thoroughly enjoyed the port, it was ever changing and two days were rarely alike. The only drawback to that site was the dumbass timepole thing.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Look at my user-name
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I like a nice comfortable site, preferably with some food service onsite. Big hotels and corporate campuses are nice.

But I prefer to be mobile!
            ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Something interesting where no two days are the same and I have a vehicle to be mobile with. Prefer to be armed with at least something too. I agree a theme park would be a blast.
              -Protect and Serve-

Comment

I love working at office buildings and being stationed in the lobby. You get to meet all kinds of people and patrolling the building inside and out every hour is fun and keeps you busy.

Comment

Industrial sites; I like the safety aspects. If it involves fire/rescue/haz-mat I like it even better. Mobile patrols are great if you are covering alot of area. But I have worked a couple sites where I abandoned the vehicle in favor of foot patrol, because they were so small. I also prefer sites with a bathroom.
                  Last edited by Mr. Chaple; 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM.
                  "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
                    Industrial sites; I like the safety aspects. If it involves fire/rescue/haz-mat I like it even better. Mobile patrols are great if you are covering alot of area. But I have worked a couple sites where I abandoned the vehicle in favor of foot patrol, because they were so small. I also prefer sites with a bathroom.
                    Thats one of the first things I ask on a new site "wheres the bathroom". One site has one so bad that people go off site.

Comment

Originally posted by jbaerbock View Post
                      Something interesting where no two days are the same
                      That's why I like hotels. 30+ years & every month I still get to deal with something I have never dealt with!
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Boredom is something that is hard to deal with regardless of where you work. 1 high risk site was a lockdown for the shift. Working relief at the dock was considered heaven as you got to see the sun whilst waiting for an inbound delivery. Building the security on another high risk site, boredom was a major issue so I had 30 minute rotations giving everyone something new to do every 30 minutes and ensure that breaks were non-conflicting.

Good Sites / Bad Sites - I could say a good site depends on WHOM I am working with, the environment, the conditions (clean bathroom or kitchen) and lastly of course the clients. As most my shifts were a 12 hour minimum and most were relief or short term, I enjoyed the changes of working different locations but finding out parking is $25.00 a day or there was nowhere to get a cold drink within 400 yds in summer is not something to persuade me to change my mind. Often you just need to make the most of what you have and over the years I stocked up enough tea, coffee and sugar from hotels, to never run out, but if you know the site has limited facilties, then you prepare for it inadvance.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Toyota Car Dealeship. Once an hour you walked around the showroom, and service bays. All new cars overnight and weekends were crammed inside the building. Patrols took about 15 minutes The other 45 minutes you sat in the sales break room
                          You were allowed to watch the 52 inch television.
                          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

1 of my best sites was short term and included merchandise control of watching DVD's that had just been released into Australia (mid 90's) and the largest plasma screen tv of 32" with surround sound speakers with the tv alone worth $10k US. Those 4 minute patrols every hour were a killer but we were there to do a job and we complied with their SOP's. I even cleaned the dunnies the night before the grand opening as no1 arrived to do it, so rang the client who told offered me the $120.00 I had to give the cleaners if I was to do it. High pressure water hose and bleach and they were pearly white again.
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X