No announcement yet.

Tsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSA is a joke. Minimal pay, crappy hours, and I've seen what they call a "screener".

True story, while going on a trip to vegas a year ago, i went through an xray checkpoint and one of the guys on the machine recognizes me. Turns out he used to work for me at another facility and he steps from the xray machine (conveyor still moving) and starts talking to me.

I'm looking in horror as people are putting bags through and getting them on the other side.

Oh yeah, he was FIRED from my old site for negligence. Go figure.

Comment

I was at the providence TF Green airport not too long ago and I have to say they were the most perfessional looking TSA screeners I have ever seen. All nicely groomed and had their shirts tucked in.

Comment

I'm a security screening officer in Canada, and you pretty much hit the nail on the head with your first post. Which is why I'm looking to get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
          What do they consider a split shift to be?
          In this case you will work a couple hours in the AM then some in the PM. Try planning anything personal around that. I assume in the winter flights would be far and few between. The average plane is a 8 seater prop. Lots of private jets also.
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

As most of our police and security full timers work 12 hour shifts - this cuts down on childcare costs as going from say 3 days a week to 5 days a week makes that last day dead money.

Some cleaners and school services staff work hours of 0700 - 1100 then 1600 - 2000. Unless you lived close to work I think these hours would bite big time.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X