Rapist Poses as Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I think the DPS audits those records at each security company branch. Copies of the "Guard Cards" are kept at the branches as required by law. As far as actually checking with an on-duty s/o to see if they are carrying their license, not likely. Maybe if they respond to an incident. Could local LE check? Yes they can, but they won't. VERY low priority, as one would expect.
    DPS does indeed check individual security guards in this state for their pocket cards, but the challenge there is knowing where each person is on post or seeing where a private patrol vehicle is. My squad car could be anywhere in the city or any surrounding suburb to the north throughout the night. Such checks are really random.

Local LE will check on us only if we walk into a gas station or restaurant and then only if we're armed. They get a felony arrest if we carry the weapon in and we don't have a contract there. This is not consistent, however, since some officers will ask why we don't have the weapon on and then tell us to put it on since it is indeed more secure in the holster rather than left in a vehicle where some little gang-bangers can steal it. This conflict is why I avoid going into places like that at all. If I have to crap bad enough though...
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
      ....some officers will ask why we don't have the weapon on and then tell us to put it on since it is indeed more secure in the holster rather than left in a vehicle where some little gang-bangers can steal it. This conflict is why I avoid going into places like that at all. If I have to crap bad enough though...
      Better bring it with you. Don't want to get caught with your pants down!
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        Better bring it with you. Don't want to get caught with your pants down!
        If I go in, I usually lock the weapon in the trunk. It is a third degree felony violation for me to carry the weapon in and the enforcement of that does not stop with the local law enforcement.

This issue has been one of debate in Texas. House bills have been presented in the last two legislatures to try to amend the law, but they were struck down after very prolific political groups, such as the Combined Law Enforcement Agencies of Texas (CLEAT) and the Texas Retailers Associations, opposed the amendments. I guess these people reason that people who do our job should be subject to arrest upon discretion for a grey area of a poorly written law.

I see even someone like you who only works unarmed agrees with my point of view, that "disarming" is a terrible idea. What responsible gun owner would leave the weapon in an obvious location (the vehicle) and walk in with an empty holster? With other armed citizens and unlawfully armed gang members to boot? Yet, this is exactly what the state wants us to do. To me, this is them saying "we regulate you, but we're ashamed of you".
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X