No announcement yet.

our radios got stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did get the radio and battery charger back for $250.00 cash and no police but it was a mess and hard to believe the meeting was only 500 yds from the site as I went with the Ops Manager to verify the radio was working fine and not damaged.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
      That's using your noodle... the guys I know would take it in on more as a personal challenge (though you could toss in a little financial reward), while I'm more fond of the analogue meter than the later LCD/LED variations, I'd have to agree that an additional amplified field strength meter would certainly increase your search accuracy/efficiency immensely
      Maelstrom, you a ham?
      KC5SAS here.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
        Maelstrom, you a ham?
        KC5SAS here.
        Nah... an-almost-was

I was heavily in to the Citizen's Band HF/UHF gear from '87 ~ '02, building & experimenting with antennas/configurations & DXing... during it's local 'heyday' we conducted fox-hunts on weekends and this is when my contacts with the local Amateur Radio Club assisted me locating the specification/design for an amplified FSM (which gave an edge in fox-hunting), I later turned the construction skills acquired through that hobby towards scanner antenna's & Digital UHF TV antennas

Somewhere after that the 'local calibre' of enthusiasts went to hell in a hand basket, so I turned my interests towards the internet & PCs in general... I notice that the levels of license have since been altered to help entice those not interested in morse (or the lower HF frequencies) to this recreational past time, to be honest I think Ham radio will eventually seduce me one day... just not for the moment LOL
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

KL2BY here, with the advent of IRLP/APRS the computer is playing more of a role in the amateur realm.
          Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X