Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CorpSec
    replied
    I worked a contract account once where there wasn't 24 hour coverage. At the end of the overnight shift, the radio was put into this equipment room that quite a few people had access to.

Well, one night the radio turned up missing and the idiot was bugging us all night on it. The frustrating thing was that we knew he was very close. We had a building a mile away that we could not talk to unless we used the repeater channel. In trying to get some location info out of the guy, we where talking to him on our non repeater channel. So, the guy was within a mile.

I called the cops right away and they took it pretty seriously actually. One of the cops took one of our radios with him on patrol that night so he could monitor the conversation and see if the guy slipped up and said something that might give away his location.

We never did catch the guy or get our radio back. Thankfully he didn't have a charger so we only got bothered for the amount of time it took the radio to run out of juice.

Definitely report this to the cops. In addition to being a felony level theft there may also be some other implications as well.

Leave a comment:

• MSPofficer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
    Guys and gals help me out here. Somewhere I read if any communications equipment is stolen, it is to be immediately reported to police in the jurisdiction where the theft occurred and subsequently to the local representative of the Department of Homeland Security. Is my understanding correct?
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Mr Warnock, I think you are correct and they should report the theft to the Dept of Homeland Security.

God Bless
    MSP Officer

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Guys and gals help me out here. Somewhere I read if any communications equipment is stolen, it is to be immediately reported to police in the jurisdiction where the theft occurred and subsequently to the local representative of the Department of Homeland Security. Is my understanding correct?
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    Questions-questions-questions

I'm not quite sure what the end of the original thread post says, but you didn't say if it was a forced entry to get into the office, or if there was no sign of forced entry.

Secondly, was anything else taken (interesting things would include any personnel records, specific employee personal property, ect).

Thirdly, was there any vandalism to the office, and what was it.

Have any messages been heard on the remaining radio's indicating the suspect(s) have been using the stolen radio's? If so, do the voices on the radio's sound familiar?

Was the crime reported to the Police? Were the serial numbers given to the Police so the items could be entered into the nationwide stolen property systems?

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    What's a "lip mike"?

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Are they being used? If so I would consider contacting some members of your local ham club. They play a game (I believe called Fox Hunting) where using triangulation, where they search for hidden tranmitters.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    I thought that from the first post.

Leave a comment:

• airtight security officer
    replied
    we think it might have been an inside job they took five nt-40 radios, two mini chageers but left, gang charger, two lip mics and extra batteries

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by airtight security officer View Post
    our two radio were stolen our of our security office a brea downtown
    Last night's (Monday) Murder by the Book on Court TV showed a murder for hire lookout and trigger man communicating with each other using stolen hand held radios. The discarded radios were never recovered. That might have been the case in this instance.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Do the radio's have a remote kill or "stun" feature?

Leave a comment:

• Cactus
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Were the chargers stolen too?
    LOL if not that really sucks for the punks that took them.

Sorry to hear about the theft that really sucks.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    Time to change your frequencies or you will get some idiot messing with you all the time. Hopefully the radios are inventoried with Make, Model and Serial number and/or marked by engraving..
    Were the chargers stolen too?

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Time to change your frequencies or you will get some idiot messing with you all the time. Hopefully the radios are inventoried with Make, Model and Serial number and/or marked by engraving..

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Kinda' sad, but a tad ironic don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• Just_Some_Guy
    replied
    Your radios were stolen out of your security office?

What?!!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X