Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Security Guard Shoots Bank Customer

Bangkok, Thailand:
    According to this, a bank security guard in Thailand shot and wounded a customer after she skipped in line and then taunted him about his gun. I have never heard of this happening in the USA, but it sure falls in line with my support of mandatory psychological testing.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/10Feb2006_news03.php
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Bangkok, Thailand:
    According to this, a bank security guard in Thailand shot and wounded a customer after she skipped in line and then taunted him about his gun. I have never heard of this happening in the USA, but it sure falls in line with my support of mandatory psychological testing.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/10Feb2006_news03.php
    So, he hits her, she hits him, he draws his gun, and she goes, "YOU WON'T SHOOT ME!!!!"

Darwin award for the woman, taunting death is a great way to achieve it.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      So, he hits her, she hits him, he draws his gun, and she goes, "YOU WON'T SHOOT ME!!!!"

Darwin award for the woman, taunting death is a great way to achieve it.
      Instead of "road rage", here we have "bank rage". It must be similar to "mall rage".
      It seems to me he lost control and shot the woman over a pissing match. Then again, I don't know anything about the laws of that country so I can only judge that by comparing it with my own contemporary values.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
        Then again, I don't know anything about the laws of that country so I can only judge that by comparing it with my own contemporary values.
        When you are overseas there are many things that will astound you based on our (US) viewpoint. Instant execution is a viable penalty for many things in Third World countries, or some areas of those countries, that would only make it to small claims court or at most a misdemeanor in the US and most other parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
          When you are overseas there are many things that will astound you based on our (US) viewpoint. Instant execution is a viable penalty for many things in Third World countries, or some areas of those countries, that would only make it to small claims court or at most a misdemeanor in the US and most other parts of the world.
          Point taken, but since it did make the newspaper I'm assuming there is some sort of shock value here. I'm not so sure on-site execution is done in Thailand.

Comment

Maybe she asked him if it was loaded.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              Maybe she asked him if it was loaded.
              I am thinking it is more likely she was a well-to-do person and viewed him as being lowly and decided to go off the handle when he approached her for skipping in line, then he got so enraged when she did this he shot her. Of course, that is just my visualization based on what was printed.

Comment

Wow that is crazy! I have been taunted by people before where they have said things like, "They actually give you a gun!?", "You probably can't hit a lake if you were standing on the bottom of it". Does that mean I did a double tap center mass? Hell no... Don't let your ego cloud your judgement.
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X