No announcement yet.

Securitas - Any comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to work for securitas and in my opion this agency is a piece of sh***

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
      I used to work for securitas and in my opion this agency is a piece of sh***
      Come on Hussard. Don't beat around the bush. Tell us what you really think.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        Crime Doctor only really is relevant to the State of California, and even then I don't believe that Use of Force and Defensive Tactics are covered to that level. State mandated security guard training is not there to train employees in how to DO things, its there to ensure that the citizens are protected from security guards who do not know what they CANNOT do.
        Yes I can appreciate that State Mandated training provides boundaries to the 'legal scope of practice' as it were for Security Officers, but shouldn't common sense also dictate that if trained as an armed SO they're educated with situation assessment guidelines of what can be applied just prior to reaching a deadly force situation, where they'll be required to use their firearm?

Our State model of application is similar to that found HERE though we do not search people we've detained (unless the detainee has given consent or has given the arresting SO exceptionally reasonable grounds)

Can you see State Mandated training throughout the US changing in the near future to at least cover the Use of Force Continuum from a legal stand point?
        Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-20-2007, 09:36 PM.
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
          Justice Hound
          The firearm only rule may have been a contract stipulation. I know when I worked a federal contract we had that stupid rule because the FPS wanted it that way. The sad thing was FPS came down hard on an officer who started to draw her gun when a subject went to hit an infant with a chair. Before she could complete the draw the subject's sister intercepted him and wisked him away. FPS never told her what she should have done instead since they were the ones that wouldn't let her have any other weapons. I left shortly after that incident.
          With our Fed contract we were routinely asked by the provost marshal's office why we did not carry defensive weapons. After hearing this several times I forwarded the question on to our branch manager. His reply was that the contract was only for firearms carring officers and the company would NOT provide services beyond the minimums required by the contract. After that he said "This is a business, batons and oc cost money, and if you want to give out free stuff go work at the soup kitchen"
          We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
          -George Orwell

Comment

no training

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            I don't wish to be impolite in any way... but doesn't the US 'Use of Force Continuum' model include open hand/closed hand applications?
            Not a problem Maelstrom,

I say that there UOFC went from stop to boom because my Securitas Branch did not provide training in defensive tactics or any unarmed control techniques. In my case I had completed a POST certified LE academy before being hired on with Securitas, so I had significant training in the subject. But with some of thier other officers they only sent them to a safety and qualification class. No combat handgunning courses, weapons rentention, or anything beyond a standard NRA Pistol Course. It was an absolutely crazy attempt to satify state lic. requirements.
            We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
            -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
              Gee, I hope they didn't throw that .38 away...I'd like to get my hands on that spiffy hunka gun!
              LOL... No, the .38's were offered for sale to the Branch Manager's buddies. Never to any actual officers. Just admin staff and alarm installers. I never got the feeling that the Branch Manager liked me one bit.

Maybe it's cause I was warning him of a potential problem or liability at least once a day and he was afraid corporate would find out.

Woundn't want him to act like a responsible security
              management professional would we?
              -George Orwell

Comment

I interviewed with one branch but declined because pay was a little low. The Torrance branch has only unarmed positions but was told the Commerce branch (also in LA County) has armed positions. I'll check out what they have in the latter branch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcollins25
                  ...I know Securitas high ups read this stuff
                  Yes, but do they understand it?

I work with a lot of people from other continents.
                  I'd love to get my hands on those background checks! I bet they're, like, totally thorough and reliable. Uh-huh.
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-22-2007, 11:02 AM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Justice_Hound View Post
                    With our Fed contract we were routinely asked by the provost marshal's office why we did not carry defensive weapons. After hearing this several times I forwarded the question on to our branch manager. His reply was that the contract was only for firearms carring officers and the company would NOT provide services beyond the minimums required by the contract. After that he said "This is a business, batons and oc cost money, and if you want to give out free stuff go work at the soup kitchen"
                    Heck, if a client of Allied wants the officers trained for that, they will get trained BUT the officer is responsible for purchasing their own cuffs, baton, and OC spray.

Comment

Yes, but do they understand it?
                      If you think my grammar is poor you should see the hand written Securitas reports officers turn into me.

I'd love to get my hands on those background checks! I bet they're, like, totally thorough and reliable. Uh-huh.

How can you check someones background when they have lived in the US for 2 months?

Reliable? We have 2-3 no call no shows every day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcollins25 View Post
                        If you think my grammar is poor you should see the hand written Securitas reports officers turn into me.

Doesn't your interview/hiring process require potential employees to fill out applications by hand? surely that'd be the best time to vet out any intelligible documenters

Then again... I guess you get what you're prepared to pay for eh?
                        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                          Doesn't your interview/hiring process require potential employees to fill out applications by hand? surely that'd be the best time to vet out any intelligible documenters

Then again... I guess you get what you're prepared to pay for eh?
                          With Securitas you can fill out the initial application and general security knowledge test from any computer with internet access.

As far as hand written paperwork. I filled out a few basic forms (name, address, have you ever, yes or no...)
                          Last edited by bigcollins25; 12-24-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Haitians who supposedly live in US for 28 years can only sign with X's, and shutter when ask to talk on a radio the first time or fill out a daily activity report.

A LE officer told me in Miami, you can get a Florida 40 hour D AND G firearms license to boot for JUST paying $100! Surprise, they all get perfect scores too.

Its contributes to a 'drain' on every SO's wages. Too bad we can assist in 'Policeing' our own industry.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X