Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I used to rake in some good cash to the point where I was making more then our Assistant Security Manager for a while. Then we went over budget and my overtime went away unlesss authorized. Usually that means 2 hours or so when needed, not my 10+ hours or additional shifts like I was used to.

Leave a comment:

• junkyarddog
    replied
    Awesome holiday season for me...since this past weds at 0600 I have worked literally every other shift with an 8 hour break between. So that is two shifts a day (per 24 hour period) instead of one. Up to sunday morning. So 8 shifts in 4 days, 4 ot shifts 32 ot hours. AND I am off from 6a sun morning till 10pm tues night. What day is it again? lol

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Xmas and NYE pay period was always good. I worked a casual relief role and loved the hours but wondered how I made it through the 14 days of hell. I would often work 14 - 16 hours and when NYE worked out to be a Sunday I was over the moon as I worked the day and then had a few hours off before another 12 hours from 1800.

Often I would get home and be called out for an alarm which was a 2 minute drive from home (12 hours pay including allowances for 30 minutes of time). But it only came once a year and come New Year I would be worth a fortune but would have worked 200+ hours in 2 weeks (yes I did it for the bills and the fact that I was on holidays usually).

Right now in my state (NSW Australia) we have new laws. 44,000 s/o's with 12,000 who did not comply with new laws means a reduction of 30% of bodies for the Xmas and NYE period with MANY events on. I just did mine but am refusing to work on my time off for crap money from many firms. To all of you working Xmas and the holidays - enjoy the money because it does make up for the rest of the year and helps to set you up in 2008 a bit closer to clearing off the bills.

Leave a comment:

• CorpSec
    replied
    Wow! I am sitting here working a 12 because one of the guys has the flu. I have another guy stuck in Florida who has already called off for the midnight shift. It definitely is the season for overtime!

On a great note. I just ran up the calculator and with overtime already worked and scheduled my gross is going to be $3,674 for the 14 day pay period! Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the money inside is delightful!

The pay period doesn't end until January 4th so more OT may be in the offing. I say bring it on!

Leave a comment:

• LPAjh9558
    replied
    uncool

You're telling me I think all the guys in the hunting department drank it all...the sh**heads Oh well, if I don't have coffee then it's BARQS for me! The pressure is so unbearable.....

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
    We recently had Black Friday, which is always fun in the retail circles I pulled a 14.5 shift with 2 others pulling 16 Then I ended up with 21 on overtime! What was worse....we had no COFFEE!
    NO Coffee? that's just plain uncivilized! LMAO

Leave a comment:

• CAP
    replied
    Quote from EMT/Guard.
    "I won't have much time for holiday celebrations but I'll be able to catch up some on my bills."

Don't get me wrong, overtime is great, but don't forget to spend time with your family during this special time. Life is short, once that moment has passed, you can't get it back. I look back on a lot of holidays and special times in my kids' lives and wish I would have been there with them instead of sitting in an ambulance or patrol unit!

Leave a comment:

• LPAjh9558
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
    I'm looking forward to some overtime, but it's unknown if it's coming.
    I'd be more than happy to share some of my overtime....'tis the season for giving ya know

Leave a comment:

• LPAjh9558
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    I love Barqs but it's not good for my waist line (or my wallet). I've had to give it up.
    It's a sad day when a man has to give up Barqs rootbeer My hats off to you!

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    I'm looking forward to some overtime, but it's unknown if it's coming.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    My wife and I have not had a day off since mid-November
    Thank goodness we are working day, and evenings off, and nights off.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Days the week of Christmas so good coin there doing 12hr shifts, off for new years. Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
    I've been trying to read The Jericho Sanction for the longest time now. All I can say is thank God for Barqs rootbeer
    I love Barqs but it's not good for my waist line (or my wallet). I've had to give it up.

Leave a comment:

• LPAjh9558
    replied
    I've been trying to read The Jericho Sanction for the longest time now. All I can say is thank God for Barqs rootbeer

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    15.5 hour shift... you got caffeine running in those veins?
    Almost. Drinking Diet soda all night and fighting the need to pee keeps you awake. Besides, I was working my way through a James Patterson novel all night and the hours flew by.
    We have a shut down/turn around at the plant starting the day after Xmas. Some of the officers working during that time will be doing 15 hour overlaping shifts to keep extra personel available to check contractors and their designated parking lots.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X