Guarding Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarding Review

I am due to undertake an assessment of my company's uniformed guarding service in January 2008. My employer currently employs a mix of in-house and contract security guards. Their duties range from gatehouse to retail.

Has anyone undertaken a similar process and if so what tips/advice can you offer?
    Holmes

Are we talking a risk assessment or performance assessment ?

ROI or financial assessment ?

Either of these ........ how do you propose to benchmark your assessments ?
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
      Are we talking a risk assessment or performance assessment ?

ROI or financial assessment ?

Either of these ........ how do you propose to benchmark your assessments ?
      More performace assessment, we current have a Best Practice for Uniform Security Guards, it will be case of looking at this to see where improvements can be made. Even suggestions on what could be added to the Best Practice would be helpful. I appreciate it is difficult without actually seeing the document.
      Holmes

Comment

Be smart and get them to come up with their own improvements and award them for it. 1 S/O in 1 hour can give you more input than 10 hours of your own input. Multiply that over time and see what happens. I would look and how many double ups - I had to go back to get a master key - then return it - then go back and get it 30 minutes later -where you can make the quality review of processes but mitigate the risks as well. Site improvement can only go so far but it depends on those who work the site as well.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

ASIS International has some pretty basic standards on their site.
          www.asisonline.org

Maybe these could be of assistance in starting a base of comparison.
          We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
          -George Orwell

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X