Shooting inside one of our sister malls here in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting inside one of our sister malls here in Ohio

Well, another shooting. This time it happened at one of our sister malls, 20 miles away from mine. Both our malls are located in Columbus, Ohio. Mine is in the better area. This one is in a very rough area.

The part is misleading

An Eastland manager, who would not give his name because he is not authorized to speak publicly, said the mall employs two Columbus police officers to provide security.
    Actually, the mall employs to Columbus Police Officers in ADDITION to the regular unarmed security force. I filled in there once due to a Security shortage once months back. I wasnt there 5 minutes and there was an armed robbery in the lot.

Here is the link
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content.../eastland.html
    Last edited by FireEMSPolice; 12-08-2007, 07:59 PM.
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

You would think after the Omaha mall shooting that another mall shooting would have gotten a little more news space, but I guess not.

Hopefully this was just one of those things that happen, insted of some new trend.

Comment

probably not enough of a bodycount for the news vultures
      "Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult."
      -Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov

Comment

'An Eastland manager, who would not give his name because he is not authorized to speak publicly, said the mall employs two Columbus police officers to provide security.'

Not only did he make an inaccurate statement - he is very lacking in crisis management skills.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          'An Eastland manager, who would not give his name because he is not authorized to speak publicly, said the mall employs two Columbus police officers to provide security.'

Not only did he make an inaccurate statement - he is very lacking in crisis management skills.
          Yup. Don't get me started on most of the crap that doesnt happen to save lives or protect property in order to save a buck.

Follow-up article:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...9.html?sid=101
          Last edited by FireEMSPolice; 12-09-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post

YEP... Let let every little tweaking gang banger out there know EXACTLY the security manpower of your propery. Can u say "GENIOUS"
            We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
            -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Justice_Hound View Post
              YEP... Let let every little tweaking gang banger out there know EXACTLY the security manpower of your propery. Can u say "GENIOUS"
              True, they do give some away, but not all. The statement is misleading. They have X amount of Police Officers and X amount of Security Officers. Where those officers are deployed is not something I can discuss.

Comment

mall shootings

Even though I'm not a security guard I didn't know if anyone had heard of the shooting at our local mall here in Oklahoma City (Crossroads Mall)? This happened several months ago.

http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13013020/from/RSS/
                "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

This and many other mall shootings is why Santa Claus (Wifey) is getting me level IIIA body armor for Christmas...

Not being armed in a potentially "target rich environment" for some nutjob is bad enough; this is the first time in all my years of being in the security field that I've ever entertained the thought of needing to wear a vest...
                  “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                  "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

body armor

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
                    This and many other mall shootings is why Santa Claus (Wifey) is getting me level IIIA body armor for Christmas...

Not being armed in a potentially "target rich environment" for some nutjob is bad enough; this is the first time in all my years of being in the security field that I've ever entertained the thought of needing to wear a vest...
                    Thank God for Santa Clause indeed Wear it well & wear it safe Thanks for your service to!
                    "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
                      Thank God for Santa Clause indeed Wear it well & wear it safe Thanks for your service to!
                      I got a vest when I went armed, and wear it regardless if I was carrying or not on the job. I did have one great supervisor (sarcasm is on) who thought wearing a vest at an unarmed site was a good decision....
                      heck no, that guy was always questioning me every shift for wearing it. His attitude was, "your not carrying a weapon here so no one would ever shoot you." Meanwhile he sends me to the morning ATM post...yeah, no one has ever been shot at an ATM, right guys?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X