Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Deputy on hwy 169 in mn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Special Deputy on hwy 169 in mn

    I saw some impalas with a generic badge on the door and the words Special Deputy the car had red and blue light bar on the roof and the plates on the car where regular plates just like anyone esle the guys inside the car looked like guards insted of cops could anyone tell me what these people are about ?

  • #2
    What County were you in?
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hennepin County utilizes special deputies. They are non sworn reserve type positions. It is good experience and can help someone get a sworn position if that is their aim. I know they do water patrol, but it would not surprise me if they did parks and trails stuff also.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
        Hennepin County utilizes special deputies. They are non sworn reserve type positions. It is good experience and can help someone get a sworn position if that is their aim. I know they do water patrol, but it would not surprise me if they did parks and trails stuff also.
        HCSO has the Water Patrol (I grew up 1 mile from HCSO Water Patrol HQ), which is staffed by a couple licenced deputies and the rest of the ranks are filled by volunteer reserves, and the also have the Emergency Squad, which is all volunteer aside from a licenced deputy in charge of them. But, HCSO does not have any division called "Special Deputies" that I've ever heard of.
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
          HCSO has the Water Patrol (I grew up 1 mile from HCSO Water Patrol HQ), which is staffed by a couple licenced deputies and the rest of the ranks are filled by volunteer reserves, and the also have the Emergency Squad, which is all volunteer aside from a licenced deputy in charge of them. But, HCSO does not have any division called "Special Deputies" that I've ever heard of.


          The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office Water Patrol Unit is accepting applications from motivated men and women age 21 and older who want to help keep the peace as volunteer special deputies.

          Water Patrol special deputies help patrol and respond to public safety events on Hennepin County’s 48 square miles of water, including 104 lakes and three rivers.

          A typical shift may include issuing a speeding citation to a boater or snowmobile operator; responding to a drowning, medical emergency or accident; locating and removing a hazard to navigation from a waterway; or giving a presentation on boat or snowmobile safety to community members.

          Sheriff’s Water Patrol special deputies are trainees during their first year of service. Then, after officially being sworn in, they are required to work an eight-hour shift every other Saturday or Sunday and attend monthly, three-hour training sessions.

          To be considered for this volunteer position, you must be a U.S. citizen age 21 or older, have a good driving record and be willing to submit to a criminal background check. Applicants also must pass a pre-employment physical, psychological examination and swim test.

          Water Patrol applications may be obtained by calling 952-471-1316 or visiting www.waterpatrol.org.

          Special Deputies is what they call their volunteers. There are worse ways to spend a summer day then cruising in a boat out on Lake Minnetonka!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, but they don't have squad graphics that say "Special Deputy" on them. And, we still don't even know what county he saw them in...
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, I am not saying that he definitely saw an HCSO special deputy car or deputy but merely that Hennepin County refers to their volunteers as "Special Deputies"

              The thing that throws me off is the plates. I would have expected government plates if it was an HCSO vehicle or any other county for that matter.

              On a side Hennepin County note, did you guys get your tasers yet?

              Comment


              • #8
                Considering that government vehicles, by statue, don't even need plates... That's kinda funny.

                Also, keep in mind, I don't think the word Deputy is reserved. Sheriff is, by statue, but Deputy is not. So, it could be anyone.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • #9
                  Special Deputy on hwy 169 in mn

                  Do this on you day off if you see him. Call the State Police and report and sit back and watch . Not saying this guy is fake but afew years ago we had a blue light rapist He pull women over and rape them. It got to point women had to be pulled over by 2 marked units and be on the phone with 911. If it strikes you as odd then something aint right.
                  Last edited by CAPTAIN KOOLAID; 12-10-2007, 09:50 AM.
                  CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594


                  oh ya

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm guessing it was one of the local funeral escort companies. They drive similar looking cars, but I thought they said protective agent on the door badge.
                    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                      Yes, I am not saying that he definitely saw an HCSO special deputy car or deputy but merely that Hennepin County refers to their volunteers as "Special Deputies"

                      The thing that throws me off is the plates. I would have expected government plates if it was an HCSO vehicle or any other county for that matter.

                      On a side Hennepin County note, did you guys get your tasers yet?
                      Yeah, the plate thing is kinda weird... As for the Tasers, the last class goes through on Wednesday (no deployment until all officers are certified), then we are supposed to have full deployment the 14th, but the other day at shift bid, it sounded like our inventory of Tasers might not be here yet. So, I still stand by the feeling of "I'll believe it when it's attached to my hip."
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                        (no deployment until all officers are certified),
                        What about turnover? People quit, others are hired. Certainly there will be times when you have someone there who will fill a position but have to wait a month or two for the next class to get certified.
                        Hospital Security Officer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                          What about turnover? People quit, others are hired. Certainly there will be times when you have someone there who will fill a position but have to wait a month or two for the next class to get certified.
                          These guys have like a 3 month hiring process, they're all government employees.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                            What about turnover? People quit, others are hired. Certainly there will be times when you have someone there who will fill a position but have to wait a month or two for the next class to get certified.
                            All current officers need to be certified prior to initial deployment. After that, anyone that gets hired will just have Taser cert. as part of their defensive tactics week of training... All officers go through six (6) weeks of training prior to being in uniform on their own. One week is defensive tactics, usually the forth or fifth.
                            Last edited by sgtnewby; 12-10-2007, 11:56 PM.
                            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CorpSec View Post

                              On a side Hennepin County note, did you guys get your tasers yet?
                              We have them now. We have been carrying then for about 2 weeks and have had 2 incidents where they were pulled on people, but have not had to actually fire them yet (thankfully). I'm sure the first person to fire theirs, will be under the Hubble Telescope and scrutinized to no end by administration... But, the "TaserCam" video from the 2 incidents look solid, backing the officers decission to draw them.
                              Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X