talk about a security company makeing ilegal stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    Actually 493 was never changed only the florida traffic code was. The 50/50 light rule is under the traffic code. Thats why security agencies can still run all amber.

493.6118 still reads

(i) Impersonating, or permitting or aiding and abetting an employee to impersonate, a law enforcement officer or an employee of the state, the United States, or any political subdivision thereof by identifying himself or herself as a federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement officer or official representative, by wearing a uniform or presenting or displaying a badge or credentials that would cause a reasonable person to believe that he or she is a law enforcement officer or that he or she has official authority, by displaying any flashing or warning vehicular lights other than amber colored, or by committing any act that is intended to falsely convey official status.
    So, those running amber/green are violating Chapter 493? LOL.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3adC9V5k8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3adC9V5k8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is taking it to an extreme.. the first video the post was about isnt that bad.. if they are on private property then its ok to do whatever atleast here.. this video i posted wouldnt fly around here. Ive only been told to follow one person, by police who were responding, and it was a sexual predator who was fleeing big time cause I caught him.... ohio could get away with it for sure from what my bosses have told me in that state

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3adC9V5k8

maybe that link will work... the security officers in it appear to have no self respect in their image either

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          I just spoke to the Fl DOACS bureau of regulation and enforcement, supervisor at the tampa office and he said its perfectly legal to run amber and green despite the 493 conflict.

"Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Ummm, No? LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

When I talked to the FWB office of DOL, they said that the way it is now, companies can either run complete amber, or no more than a 50/50 blend of amber green.
              SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                When I talked to the FWB office of DOL, they said that the way it is now, companies can either run complete amber, or no more than a 50/50 blend of amber green.
                Thats the same thing the tampa office told me.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

This sounds like they're simply not enforcing Chapter 493, then. Read the law, it makes it an offense to run green, because they didn't bother to change it.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

As to Bigdog's statement, I have to ask why one would ask for POI. I can see reg, maybe, DL is obvious, but why ask a motorist for POI?
                    I've worked in a few private gated communities. The most recent site, the gate officers had to see POI before a pass would be issued. We were informed from district management that this was done for liability reasons to protect both the security company, POA, and POA insurance company.

In Pennsylvania security can run any color lights on private property. I've not been able to confirm this but a a cpl with Intrepid (IDA) told me one of the uppers in the company informed him that in Pennsylvania red and white is acceptable for security's use. I do know IDA's patrol unit at a private community is called upon for assistance by the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) to respond to vehicle accidents in the area. When this occurs PSP instructs the officer to run lights (red and white)and siren to the scene. Through my act 235 class (Lethal Weapons Training for private agents) when assisting a police officer you have the authority of a police officer for the time you are assisting the police officer.
                    Last edited by msofin; 12-08-2007, 09:50 PM. Reason: added to post

Comment

That whole stop had me puzzled. From why the guy pulled over for a security officer in the first place to why he would give the officer his DL, proof and registration.

The guard talked about letting him go with a verbal warning. What would be his other option?

If he just continued driving off the property, the officer couldn't have done anything. Or, do these homeowners association guards have special police powers?

Comment

I know some if not most HOA's have it written into their CC&R's or ByLaws that residents and their guests must stop for security. Also, in most HOA's there are NOV's(Notice Of Violation or a ticket) that are issued to the offender, and will likley contain a pre set fine for the offence.

Where I worked at a HOA, every resident that moved into the gates had to sign an agreement and pay dues for the "privilage" of living there. Every resident got a copy of the CC&R's and was expected to know and abide by them. Anyone caught in violation was issued an NOV with a set fine amount, whether it was speeding, walking a dog without a leash, ect.

Anytime someone was issued an NOV, they had the right to appeal to the HOA board and defend themselves, similar to going to court. Also, every guest caught in violation was given the same treatment. If a guest refused to pay the fine they could and would add the fine amount to the yearly property assesment for the person they were visiting, just as if the resident refused to pay. Also, it was written that every driver abide by state laws reguarding POI, registration and the likes. And there were set fine amounts for being in violation of these as well.
                        Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                          That whole stop had me puzzled. From why the guy pulled over for a security officer in the first place to why he would give the officer his DL, proof and registration.

The guard talked about letting him go with a verbal warning. What would be his other option?

If he just continued driving off the property, the officer couldn't have done anything. Or, do these homeowners association guards have special police powers?
                          This is why I believe that it was a scripted stop. I doubt that it was a legit traffic stop IMO. But, what was his other "option"? If this was a legit stop, the home owner could be "fined" by the HOA for some community violation.

Be Safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                            This is why I believe that it was a scripted stop. I doubt that it was a legit traffic stop IMO. But, what was his other "option"? If this was a legit stop, the home owner could be "fined" by the HOA for some community violation.

Be Safe,

Hank
                            Hank, you are right. It had to have been scripted.
                            The driver handed him his license before the S/O asked for it.
                            After taking the license from the driver the S/O now asked for the license, reg and POI.
                            The S/O goes back to "run a check" but never waited for the reg and POI.
                            This is just a poor attempt at acting.

Comment

Originally posted by T202 View Post
                              Hank, you are right. It had to have been scripted.
                              The driver handed him his license before the S/O asked for it.
                              After taking the license from the driver the S/O now asked for the license, reg and POI.
                              The S/O goes back to "run a check" but never waited for the reg and POI.
                              This is just a poor attempt at acting.
                              Another clue that it was scripted is that the driver stopped instead of stepping on the gas!
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

At the site I used to work for drivers would pull over if we flashed our lights at them. Under normal circumstances we would wait till the vehicle stopped to park or would call ahead to the gate to have them hold the car up till we got there but if there was a serious safety issue we would use our lights. Often when someone was speeding on our client property they would see the radar gun as they went by us, we would pull out behind them and they would just pull over on their own accord.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X