X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ESI AGENT

• ESI AGENT
    replied
    If your living from pay check to pay check your way a head of the population because their living from plastic to plastic. Get the book "Rich Dad poor Dad" by Robert Kyaosoki. It will save you lot's of $$$$$$ wish I read this when I was younger.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Tak this is good news and a special Xmas present for you and your family as well. I don't work public holidays or weekends anymore and whilst I will assist when I have to believe that work / life balance is more important than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Taktiq
    replied
    I'd like to thank all of you for all the sentiments about my new job....and it is confirmed now. I will be starting orientation on December 17th!

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Congratulations and I hope this works out well for you. I currently work 7 days a week at a check cashing store (haven't had a day off since October of '06 and I get absolutely no benefits) and am eventually looking forward to the day when I can do as much bragging as you're now doing! Again, congratulations and good luck!
    Ummmm... 7 days a week & no benefits? geez! I sure hope the hourly rate is substantially higher than average

HotelSecurity, FWIW I believe his post was in response to Taktiq's original comment... BTW only handcuffs? you surely have an unenviable position

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Congratulations and I hope this works out well for you. I currently work 7 days a week at a check cashing store (haven't had a day off since October of '06 and I get absolutely no benefits) and am eventually looking forward to the day when I can do as much bragging as you're now doing! Again, congratulations and good luck!
    Are you talking about me? I am not bragging. I am stating a fact. I am not allowed to be armed but I am required to deal with angry/drunk/drugged people. It is a fact not bragging BTW I do not need your luck. I have been doing it for over 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy

• tattedupboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Me too, being in the Hosptiality industry has to get a lot closer than 21 feet when dealing with angry/upset/drunk/drugged people & I too am not armed. (Also only handcuffs).

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    I am hearing " 24 foot rule" now. Unfortunately, in some of the environments I work, such as stairwells, breezeways and other urban type areas, 21 or 24 feet is a luxury to say the least.
    Thanks Bill & Hank... your points are both well appreciated, I dunno' about 24 feet, but I did read about a fellow in Miami using a 30 foot distance for their training format

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Congrats from me as well...

I sometimes wish I were in another aspect of Security other than "Hospitality" (meaning, no guns, OC and HC's only)...

I have no doubt in my mind that one of these days, myself or one of my Officers is going to stumble across a situation which requires a helluva lot more than 5.5% OC...

I'd looooove to abide by the 21 foot rule, however I gots Mk III Sabre Red, while the miscreant has (at a minimum) .22 colt or ruger, either of which will kinda make me and my guys slightly FUBAR'ed more than we would to them....

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    I still keep hearing 7 metres in 1.7 seconds as demonstrated by my first instructor. We had someone run at us as he demonstrated how long it took to react (the person was 60 feet away) to the side of the instructor. Either way I reported in a post of a 25 year vet Senior Sgt who when confronted with an offender got off 9 rounds from his glock .40 cal about 20 feet away and hit the offender only twice when he ran towards him.

FYI: 3 metres = 10 feet
    NRM_Oz
    Last edited by NRM_Oz; 12-02-2007, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    It's now questionable if 21 foot distance is sufficient, due to higher security retention holsters combined with varying reaction times etc. still definitely a hell'o'va lot safer than arms length!

BTW congrat's on your career path adjustment there Taktiq!
    I am hearing " 24 foot rule" now. Unfortunately, in some of the environments I work, such as stairwells, breezeways and other urban type areas, 21 or 24 feet is a luxury to say the least.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• integrator97

• integrator97
    replied
    Originally posted by Taktiq View Post
    no more getting bit by annoying dachshunds (my other job)
    You had a job where they threw Dachshunds at you? How cool is that?

Congrats and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    It's now questionable if 21 foot distance is sufficient, due to higher security retention holsters combined with varying reaction times etc. still definitely a hell'o'va lot safer than arms length!

Maelstrom it is for that very reason one must practice, practice and practice some more. Your point is well taken and hopefully our fellow members will see the wisdom of your post and internalize them.
    When making traffic stops, regardless of who, what, when, where or why, my weapon was out and against my thigh trigger finger against the frame of the piece. I knew full well that I could still go down through some unknown factor but I tried to even the odds in my favor.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
    Golden rule, "Remember the 21-Foot Rule." It will be your friend and perhaps save you from harm or worse.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Congrats and good luck!

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X