A change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    I am hearing " 24 foot rule" now. Unfortunately, in some of the environments I work, such as stairwells, breezeways and other urban type areas, 21 or 24 feet is a luxury to say the least.
    Thanks Bill & Hank... your points are both well appreciated, I dunno' about 24 feet, but I did read about a fellow in Miami using a 30 foot distance for their training format
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Me too, being in the Hosptiality industry has to get a lot closer than 21 feet when dealing with angry/upset/drunk/drugged people & I too am not armed. (Also only handcuffs).
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Congratulations and I hope this works out well for you. I currently work 7 days a week at a check cashing store (haven't had a day off since October of '06 and I get absolutely no benefits) and am eventually looking forward to the day when I can do as much bragging as you're now doing! Again, congratulations and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
          Congratulations and I hope this works out well for you. I currently work 7 days a week at a check cashing store (haven't had a day off since October of '06 and I get absolutely no benefits) and am eventually looking forward to the day when I can do as much bragging as you're now doing! Again, congratulations and good luck!
          Are you talking about me? I am not bragging. I am stating a fact. I am not allowed to be armed but I am required to deal with angry/drunk/drugged people. It is a fact not bragging BTW I do not need your luck. I have been doing it for over 30 years.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
            Ummmm... 7 days a week & no benefits? geez! I sure hope the hourly rate is substantially higher than average

HotelSecurity, FWIW I believe his post was in response to Taktiq's original comment... BTW only handcuffs? you surely have an unenviable position
            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'd like to thank all of you for all the sentiments about my new job....and it is confirmed now. I will be starting orientation on December 17th!
              ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

Comment

Tak this is good news and a special Xmas present for you and your family as well. I don't work public holidays or weekends anymore and whilst I will assist when I have to believe that work / life balance is more important than anything else.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

If your living from pay check to pay check your way a head of the population because their living from plastic to plastic. Get the book "Rich Dad poor Dad" by Robert Kyaosoki. It will save you lot's of $$$$$$ wish I read this when I was younger.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X