Fake Bomb Vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Bomb Vests

I'm curious as to how the Police and Security-types are dealing with the fake bomb vests being worn by so many protesters overseas (in response to the cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed).

I honestly cannot say exactly what I'd do. But I wouldn't approach the individual with my "Mr. Friendly" face. Scratch that, I'm not even sure I'd approach at all.

What would ya'll do?

Two in the chest, one in the head.
    10-8

Comment

Originally posted by Taser
      Two in the chest, one in the head.
      Three in the head. You may get a fraticide or sympathetic explosion off the chest shots.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        Three in the head. You may get a fraticide or sympathetic explosion off the chest shots.
        I agree. Completely.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
          I agree. Completely.
          Same here, 100%

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Hah, good point. I more was just using the age-old phrase to imply...kill the bastards.
            10-8

Comment

Bomb vests fake or otherwise

Ok,
              Here are the questions....
              IF you were on an assignment and was confronted by an individual that opened his/her coat showing a vest and threatened to detonate what action would you take?

Do you know the amount of explosive that can be carried on a vest?

Do you know the indoor and outdoor blast and shrapnel radius of a vest?

Just a little discussion item I thought you folks might enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                Ok,
                Here are the questions....
                IF you were on an assignment and was confronted by an individual that opened his/her coat showing a vest and threatened to detonate what action would you take?

Do you know the amount of explosive that can be carried on a vest?

Do you know the indoor and outdoor blast and shrapnel radius of a vest?

Just a little discussion item I thought you folks might enjoy.
                The fact that the terrorist didn't just blow it up w/o warning may mean that you have a chance to stop it from happening by negotiating with the individual. Shooting could back-fire if the trigger is a dead man's switch. This also gives others an opportunity to clear out. Granted, you are risking your life, but you may be able to save others even if negotiations fail and you lose your life. But isn't that what public service is about? Risking your life to save others?
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  The fact that the terrorist didn't just blow it up w/o warning may mean that you have a chance to stop it from happening by negotiating with the individual. Shooting could back-fire if the trigger is a dead man's switch. This also gives others an opportunity to clear out. Granted, you are risking your life, but you may be able to save others even if negotiations fail and you lose your life. But isn't that what public service is about? Risking your life to save others?
                  Usually and I do mean usually if someone is going to do something they go ahead and do it wheter it is suicide shooting or bombing. The ones that want to talk about it can SOMETIMES be negotiated with.
                  Good deal Mr.Security

Anyone have the other answers? (Yes I do know the answers )

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X