This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
    If a child was kidnapped, I would not sit and watch. Would I give chase? Absolutely. Would I run lights and siren? Hell no. I would follow them, and I would relay as much information as possible to PD dispatch about the vehicle, suspects, direction of travel, speed, etc. I would follow them for as long as possible, and hope that PD responds fast enough. If PD dispatch tells me to back off, then I would back off.

Those air conditioner units are covered by insurance, and do not merit some "hollywood" chase. If you can follow them safely from a distance, then do so if your employer allows. When you are talking about a human life, then I would do what any other reasonable person would do, and the fact that I am employed as a security officer is entirely irrelevant.

+1...adding in however.. i'll chase if there's been a police officer shot. Lights and sirens? Depends on traffic conditions... if there was no traffic then no, if there was then yes. However, I don't have a siren, so guess that if I did, I would use it. I'll just take the arse chewing or whatever later.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well, I have only been able to see the news video once so I may have missed something, so I will try to see the video again later, I don't recall it mentioning anything about illegal lights or siren.

I heard them mention that they used "flashing" lights but not what color.

I don't remember hearing that a siren was used during the chase.

I did notice in the video that the police vehicles around the security car had lights flashing that reflected on the security car making it appear to have "wig-wag" taillights and a red/blue dash light.

I did hear them demonstrate the siren in the video.

As far as I am aware it is not illegal to have flashing lights and siren equipment, just illegal to use them off private property.

I drive a patrol vehicle VERY similar to the one in the video and the only question I have ever been asked by law enforcement is if I had "Red" lights, which of course I don't.

But of course I could be wrong. Has anyone been able to find any other articles or news videos about this incident?

Comment

I'm still kinda laughing at the though of those cops sitting (probably) door to door shooting the breaze; "Damn Jim, there aint nothing moving out here!" then WHOOSH ! as they get buzzed by these guys
        ValleyOne
        Last edited by ValleyOne; 12-01-2007, 05:07 AM.
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
          Any Texan has the right and duty to "prevent the consequences of theft" and may use force up to deadly force (depending on the situation) to do so.
          Wow. That's kind of scary. The only time I know that deadly force was authorized for theft, was when I was stationed at Concord Naval Weapons Station, and that was in the event of "special weapons". Read "we can neither confirm nor deny the existance of nuclear weapons". Or in the case of certain other weapons such as portable rockets (LAWS, Stingers, etc) and grenades.

So I'm wondering what the average Texan walking down the street would be in a position to know and prevent the theft of, that would warrant deadly force.

Of course, I'm all for the death penalty for repeat offenders. Is that the new express line you guys put in?
          sigpic
          Rocket Science
          Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
          One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
            Let me throw out a question.... Are there any circumstances that you would engage in a vehicle pursuit as a security officer? I'm not saying these guys did it right, but how about for a much more serious crime, such as a child that has just been kidnapped and you witnessed it? Just observe and report, or go after them?
            I would follow and give as much information I could give 911 about the kidnapper. As far as those AC units, I would not pursue using lights, sirens and high, unsafe speeds. They are replaceable.

Be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
              So I'm wondering what the average Texan walking down the street would be in a position to know and prevent the theft of, that would warrant deadly force.

Of course, I'm all for the death penalty for repeat offenders. Is that the new express line you guys put in?
              Sure is And the handle is pulled by an old man from Pasadena.
              "Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult."
              -Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                I would follow and give as much information I could give 911 about the kidnapper. As far as those AC units, I would not pursue using lights, sirens and high, unsafe speeds. They are replaceable.

Be Safe,

Hank
                Tough decision, though, if following would mean abandoning your post. Suppose it was a ruse that was staged just for the purpose of drawing you away from the site? If I did follow, it would be very briefly - i.e., only long enough to get a good vehicle description/direction, and a tag if I'm lucky - and then return promptly to my post.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                  Tough decision, though, if following would mean abandoning your post. Suppose it was a ruse that was staged just for the purpose of drawing you away from the site? If I did follow, it would be very briefly - i.e., only long enough to get a good vehicle description/direction, and a tag if I'm lucky - and then return promptly to my post.
                  Agreed Sec. However, if I could save that child from a predator. I would risk it all. IMHO! I do not have site so much as a patrol zone with numerous sites within a geographical area. Chances are, I'd still be in my patrol zone. Furthermore, it would have to be a honest to goodness ( if there such a thing) kidnapping. In otherwords, the child screaming and witnesses nearby. I can't argue with you though. Very good point my friend.
                  " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by SRT S-1 View Post
                    http://fox40.trb.com/?track-topnav

wow what the heck security with sirens conducting vehicle pursuits on county streets. can we say his ppo is gone.
                    Hello, Can any one tell me where i can wach that clip abot DWB Security with Sirens. Thanks.

Comment

Everytime you Necropost, God kills a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by jtwestern View Post
                        Everytime you Necropost, God kills a kitten.
                        LOL!!!

I'm a dog guy anyway.
                        Certified Protection Professional
                        Currently Working in So. Cal.
                        California Security News Blog

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X