X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bpdblue
    replied
    Hank1,

I agree with you about the USA having a rich gun HISTORY, but look at what has already happened in the United States with gun ownership in places like D.C., and New York city.

Complete gun bans CAN HAPPEN HERE. IT may be a quick thing, if the Supreme Court makes a bad decision on a Second Amendment ruling now, or it could take twenty or thirty years through different court rulings, and laws passed, but IT CAN HAPPEN.

Alot of countries used to have a rich gun history, and now it's just plain history. When you become complacent about an issue like this, bad things seem to slowly creep along, a little here, a little there, until the bad things all come together in a big way, and then it's pretty much over.

I guess I should say that I am a true believer in the AMERICAN way of life, and am pretty satisfied with (mostly) the way things are. I am not a fringe, radical type, believing conspiracy's abound, hell, I was in the police department for over 26 years fighting those types.

But, I can also see the writing on the wall, and there are MANY people and groups that would do away with a private person's right to own, or possess a weapon.

As I pointed out in another posting on this website, take a real interest in the up coming local, state and federal elections, and listen to the candidates positions on gun control, and watch for any items on the ballot which affect the ownership of weapons. It only takes one bad election to make things really bad for us gun owners.

Additionally, If we do ever lose the right to own firearms, do not expect that you will ever regain the right to own them again.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    The day my guns are ruled unconstitutional is the day they all get reported stolen.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
    Hank, remember when the anti-gun lobby wrung their hands over Kennesaw Georgia's Mayor who spurred that City's Council to pass an ordinance that required ever home had business to have an operable firearm and each adult be required to know how that particular weapon worked? Accidential shootings and suicides will soar! Didn't happen. People will shoot at anything that knocks at the door? Didn't happen.
    I-75 runs through Kennesaw, I lived there for eight years, and thugs would jump off the interstate, rob, rape or kill and then jump back on the interstate and make their escape. When the word of that ordinance got out, all that stuff stopped. Only a couple of times hardened felons broke into homes and payed for those follies with their lives.
    Most times violent gun users only get a slap on the wrist, five years at most.
    Make the use of a firearm in any violent way punishable by a minimum sentence of 20 years with no time off for good behavior and the rate of gun violence will undoubtedly tumble.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Mr. Warnock~
    I agree whole-heartedly! That BS was just to scare law abiding citizens. Remove the guns from all those that believe and follow the law, and all you have is lawlessness! We all know the truth! Increase penalties for violent offenders. That will indeed work sir!

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Possibly but I doubt it. The US has a huge and rich gun history. There are way too many pro-gun advocates and permit carriers for that happen in my opinion. You look at what has happened when firearms have been banned. Crime has skyrocketed. Criminals have no fear when the good guys are unarmed.

Be Safe,

Hank
    Hank, remember when the anti-gun lobby wrung their hands over Kennesaw Georgia's Mayor who spurred that City's Council to pass an ordinance that required ever home had business to have an operable firearm and each adult be required to know how that particular weapon worked? Accidential shootings and suicides will soar! Didn't happen. People will shoot at anything that knocks at the door? Didn't happen.
    I-75 runs through Kennesaw, I lived there for eight years, and thugs would jump off the interstate, rob, rape or kill and then jump back on the interstate and make their escape. When the word of that ordinance got out, all that stuff stopped. Only a couple of times hardened felons broke into homes and payed for those follies with their lives.
    Most times violent gun users only get a slap on the wrist, five years at most.
    Make the use of a firearm in any violent way punishable by a minimum sentence of 20 years with no time off for good behavior and the rate of gun violence will undoubtedly tumble.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
    About the Supreme Court over turning the ban, and possibly making a positive ruling on the Second Amendment, because if not, we could be following in the footsteps of our friends from Canada, Austrailia, an England.
    Possibly but I doubt it. The US has a huge and rich gun history. There are way too many pro-gun advocates and permit carriers for that happen in my opinion. You look at what has happened when firearms have been banned. Crime has skyrocketed. Criminals have no fear when the good guys are unarmed.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    If it is overturned, It won't be long before there are gun shops in DC. If they try to block all gun shops with business license BS, they will be back in court again.
    That's what you have to love about the government, they can impose ridiculous fee's for whatever they want. Like for instance most counties in Maryland, charge $150,000 just for a liquor license for bars and clubs. Baltimore apparently isn't issuing anymore liquor licenses, you have to buy out someone else. This isn't apple to apples but, just an example of how much of a PITA the government can be. They're SEVERAL gun shop owners just waiting for the go head to open up shop. I mean, just imagine the profilt these gun owners will make in DC in the first to second year. DC is going to use this to their advantage in a major way. The new chief is talking about authorizing take-home cars, new toys and etc. The gun shops will likely see a very very high tax rate. This is the place that considers any magazine capacity over 10 a full auto. Plus if they (the pissed off tax paying citizens and business owners) sue, just imagine the many years of appeals would come into play.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    I don't think anyone (that's not a DC resident), will lose sleep over either ruling. However, if the ruling is made where you may bear arms, where are you going to buy your firearms? They're not any gun stores in DC, so really either way you're pretty much SOL anyway. Yup, definitely going to be interesting (playing the circus music).

If it is overturned, It won't be long before there are gun shops in DC. If they try to block all gun shops with business license BS, they will be back in court again.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
    About the Supreme Court over turning the ban, and possibly making a positive ruling on the Second Amendment, because if not, we could be following in the footsteps of our friends from Canada, Austrailia, an England.
    I don't think anyone (that's not a DC resident), will lose sleep over either ruling. However, if the ruling is made where you may bear arms, where are you going to buy your firearms? They're not any gun stores in DC, so really either way you're pretty much SOL anyway. Yup, definitely going to be interesting (playing the circus music).

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    I hope your right....

About the Supreme Court over turning the ban, and possibly even making a strong positive ruling on the Second Amendment, Because if the ruling goes in favor of the ban, weapons for average folks, and maybe even for people in the security field, may follow in the footsteps of our friends in Canada, Austrailia, and England.

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    I hope your right....

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Contact View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what the NRA email said. I can't wait to hear all the "blood will run in the streets" cries from the far left.
    It's going to be interesting that's for sure. I can only imagine how many will bring up, the recent shootings with security officers gone crazy. Then you're going to have some bring up the fact that, bordering states (with the exception of Maryland) not only allow firearms in the home, but issue permits to residents (without going through a bunch of BS). Definitely will be interesting..

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    Actually, from my understanding former, now councilman Berry started, or atleast had a part in this "lift the band campaign". It will be quite interesting to see what the final outcome will be.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what the NRA email said. I can't wait to hear all the "blood will run in the streets" cries from the far left.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Contact View Post
    The way the email I got from the NRA made it sound a tad bit differently than Anti-gunners who want to take away all the guns.

They made it sound like the plaintiff challenged the gun ban, and now the supreme court is to hear it.

Here is the NRA email I received:
    Actually, from my understanding former, now councilman Berry started, or atleast had a part in this "lift the band campaign". It will be quite interesting to see what the final outcome will be.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    The way the email I got from the NRA made it sound a tad bit differently than Anti-gunners who want to take away all the guns.

They made it sound like the plaintiff challenged the gun ban, and now the supreme court is to hear it.

Here is the NRA email I received:

U.S. Supreme Court to Hear First
    Second Amendment Case Since 1939

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fairfax, Va. - The United States Supreme Court today announced its decision to take up District of Columbia v. Heller-a case in which plaintiffs challenge the unconstitutional gun ban in the nation's capital. The District of Columbia appealed a lower court's ruling earlier this year affirming that the Second Amendment of the Constitution protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, and that the District's bans on handguns, carrying firearms within the home, and possession of loaded or operable firearms for self-defense violate that right.

The NRA will participate in this case through briefs as a friend of the court. Oral arguments are likely to take place in early 2008.
    In March, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit held that "[T]he phrase 'the right of the people,' when read intratextually and in light of Supreme Court precedent, leads us to conclude that the right in question is individual." The D.C. Circuit also rejected the claim that the Second Amendment does not apply to the District of Columbia because D.C. is not a state.

The decision marks the first time a Second Amendment challenge to a firearm law has reached the Supreme Court since 1939.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    I believe the Supreme Court is NOT expected to uphold the 30-year ban on firearms and it will be struck down.
    That is correct! However, if you're "passing" through DC, and are not a DC resident you may drive through DC with your firearm, however, as always there is a catch. You must have the firearm unloaded, locked in the secure place in the trunk. I believe you're even suppose to go as far as breaking down the firearm.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X