Gun people beware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Possibly but I doubt it. The US has a huge and rich gun history. There are way too many pro-gun advocates and permit carriers for that happen in my opinion. You look at what has happened when firearms have been banned. Crime has skyrocketed. Criminals have no fear when the good guys are unarmed.

Be Safe,

Hank
    Hank, remember when the anti-gun lobby wrung their hands over Kennesaw Georgia's Mayor who spurred that City's Council to pass an ordinance that required ever home had business to have an operable firearm and each adult be required to know how that particular weapon worked? Accidential shootings and suicides will soar! Didn't happen. People will shoot at anything that knocks at the door? Didn't happen.
    I-75 runs through Kennesaw, I lived there for eight years, and thugs would jump off the interstate, rob, rape or kill and then jump back on the interstate and make their escape. When the word of that ordinance got out, all that stuff stopped. Only a couple of times hardened felons broke into homes and payed for those follies with their lives.
    Most times violent gun users only get a slap on the wrist, five years at most.
    Make the use of a firearm in any violent way punishable by a minimum sentence of 20 years with no time off for good behavior and the rate of gun violence will undoubtedly tumble.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
      Hank, remember when the anti-gun lobby wrung their hands over Kennesaw Georgia's Mayor who spurred that City's Council to pass an ordinance that required ever home had business to have an operable firearm and each adult be required to know how that particular weapon worked? Accidential shootings and suicides will soar! Didn't happen. People will shoot at anything that knocks at the door? Didn't happen.
      I-75 runs through Kennesaw, I lived there for eight years, and thugs would jump off the interstate, rob, rape or kill and then jump back on the interstate and make their escape. When the word of that ordinance got out, all that stuff stopped. Only a couple of times hardened felons broke into homes and payed for those follies with their lives.
      Most times violent gun users only get a slap on the wrist, five years at most.
      Make the use of a firearm in any violent way punishable by a minimum sentence of 20 years with no time off for good behavior and the rate of gun violence will undoubtedly tumble.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill
      Mr. Warnock~
      I agree whole-heartedly! That BS was just to scare law abiding citizens. Remove the guns from all those that believe and follow the law, and all you have is lawlessness! We all know the truth! Increase penalties for violent offenders. That will indeed work sir!

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

The day my guns are ruled unconstitutional is the day they all get reported stolen.
        Anything that hits the fan,
        Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

Hank1,

I agree with you about the USA having a rich gun HISTORY, but look at what has already happened in the United States with gun ownership in places like D.C., and New York city.

Complete gun bans CAN HAPPEN HERE. IT may be a quick thing, if the Supreme Court makes a bad decision on a Second Amendment ruling now, or it could take twenty or thirty years through different court rulings, and laws passed, but IT CAN HAPPEN.

Alot of countries used to have a rich gun history, and now it's just plain history. When you become complacent about an issue like this, bad things seem to slowly creep along, a little here, a little there, until the bad things all come together in a big way, and then it's pretty much over.

I guess I should say that I am a true believer in the AMERICAN way of life, and am pretty satisfied with (mostly) the way things are. I am not a fringe, radical type, believing conspiracy's abound, hell, I was in the police department for over 26 years fighting those types.

But, I can also see the writing on the wall, and there are MANY people and groups that would do away with a private person's right to own, or possess a weapon.

As I pointed out in another posting on this website, take a real interest in the up coming local, state and federal elections, and listen to the candidates positions on gun control, and watch for any items on the ballot which affect the ownership of weapons. It only takes one bad election to make things really bad for us gun owners.

Additionally, If we do ever lose the right to own firearms, do not expect that you will ever regain the right to own them again.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X