What kind of benefits do you receive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of benefits do you receive?

Basically, I'm just curious as to what, if any, kind of benefits any of you receive, whether it's paid vacations, PTO, medical and dental benefits, or anything else. Me, I get absolutely nothing, not even a day off (haven't had a day off since October of '06, and that was to attend my grandmother's funeral). Which companies offer the best benefits package, whether for armed or unarmed guards?

We get decent insurance after 6months, unfortunately no vision. After 1 year, 1 week's paid vacation, up to three years. At three, 2 weeks vacation, up to five years. At five, I think it's three weeks.

No sick time or other leave. We do get holiday pay if we work on a holiday.
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

Decent med+den.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Medical, Dental, some vision, two weeks a year. It ain't all that bad here, I've had worse. I have had better insurance too though.
        Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

first aid allowance
          holidays
          sick days
          I dont have to work a public holiday but still get paid for it
          They pay $250.00 per fortnight into my super fund too.
          I have recently taken some annual leave and I still have 102 days left.
          Im not on too bad a wage either and I only have to work 6 hours a night.

Comment

I reported this info in a earlier thread.

At my university we get:
            -$52.00 check every 3 months for uniform cleaning

-Up to $50.00 reimbursement a year for new black shoes or boots

-160 hours (4 weeks) of paid time off per year

-they pay 65% of our medical insurance

-plenty of optional overtime available about 7 months per year

-13 paid holidays per year

-our regular pay if we get called to court as a witness

-our regular pay if we have to serve on a jury

-two hour minimum pay if we get called to campus for any reason

-$20.00 wal mart gift card for our birthday

- Department funded Christmas dinner for members & spouse, this year it is prime rib & turkey

-They will reimburse for any college classes that apply to my job, after I have there a minimum of 2 years .

-20% discount on AT&T cell phone bill, plus no contract to sign.

-free dial up internet access from home (saves me $160.00 per year)

-my Cpl, Sgt, & Lt stay off my back and let me do my job
            as long as no complaints come in!

-great holiday pay/ I volunteered to work Thanksgiving and black Friday. Because I will have 40 hours in before those dates and because both dates are paid holidays at my campus, I will get 4 times my normal pay for those 16 hours worked. About $46.00 per hour!!

-after 3 years on job my children can get 94% discount if they attend our university. If they go another college I think a 50% discount is available. But we have no children!

Comment

Campus as I said - this is a very sweet deal for you. Sounds like you are getting a package alot better than most US companies as I could not work for a flat rate with 1 week's holidays and extensive hours just to survive (I have done 5 x 12 hour days in my youth). With my taxes taking 40% out of my pocket, anything that is tax exempt is a nice change.
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

What kind of benefits do you receive?

Close your eyes and tell me what you see .Thats benefits I get .
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Working in house security is better than working contact.
                  I am lucky to have this job.
                  I know some of the bosses higher up in our food chain just consider me a warm breathing body that is easy to replace; (If I want appreciation for what I do, the only place I will find it is in the dictionary!)
                  Like everyone else, I wish I made more money!
                  (Shift differential pay would be nice since I work permanent 3rd shift.)
                  But all in all, I really have no right to complain.
                  Lots of people are worse off.

Comment

All Quebec emplyees get:

8 paid holidays

4 weeks of vacation after (I believe) 5 years

Government run insurance for medicine if not provided by your work

Free hospital care

Government run car insrance (for injuries)

1 year off PAID after the birth of a child. (The mother OR father can take it or both can take 6 months)

5 unpaid days off to take carre of a child.

From my company I get:

More medical insurance (including basic dental but not vision)

1 free meal

Free dry cleaning

2 suits

Free parking (If I had a car)

Free room when I have to do a back to back

Employee rate at any Starwood or Intercontential hotel

Free room at any of the 5 hotels we own
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

If I get benefits, I pay for the low limit benefits. And THEN I may not be approved for the benefits when requested by the provider AFTER the services are rendered. And something like one week vacation per year, which is an eternity in this business of high turnover.

For a healthy single man (or woman), its better to stay in shape, learn your herbs and vitamins (for your body/routines), and keep that $120/month to eat with. Families don't have that luxury (at an even higher cost), nor do specific individial health situations.

But I stay as far away from Doctors, drugs, and rusty scapals as possible. I always listen carefully to RN's, but nothing above that level

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                        Basically, I'm just curious as to what, if any, kind of benefits any of you receive, whether it's paid vacations, PTO, medical and dental benefits, or anything else. Me, I get absolutely nothing, not even a day off (haven't had a day off since October of '06, and that was to attend my grandmother's funeral). Which companies offer the best benefits package, whether for armed or unarmed guards?
                        Ridiculous! The only reason companies get away with this is because people continue to work for them. It sounds like you have some experience, and I'd sure shop it around to see if there isn't something that's better than what you've got now.

Incidentally, the suggestion made by someone else that a single healthy male shouldn't carry health insurance is very bad advice for anyone in our industry, no matter what their "normal" health situation might be. This industry has a funny way of changing your health picture very suddenly - I can't think why. If it's available, everyone should carry at least "catastrophic" health insurance which pays the large part of major medical bills in case something happens to you.
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X