My thanksgiving sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thanksgiving sucked

Two weeks ago the boss says "sorry I haven't been able to get you a good site yet, but I'll make sure you get thanksgiving off. So the monday he calls and says "can you work thanksgiving? its a 12 hour shift for holiday pay".
    Sucks but for that pay who can turn it down. So I'm doing my rounds at 2pm and I hear a disturbance. I investigate. Its my relief. I"m getting shorted 4 hours holiday pay? WTF? I swear its my boss who is going to need security if this crap keeps up. Btw, this isn't the first time I've been shorted. I just got my pay slip for last week and in spite of a verbal agreement I'd get no less than 9.75 for any site, I"ve got 32 hours at 9.32.

And in another thread you wondered why some people don't give two weeks notice?!!! He'll be lucky if I don't go down and give my notice up his ass.

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
    Two weeks ago the boss says "sorry I haven't been able to get you a good site yet, but I'll make sure you get thanksgiving off. So the monday he calls and says "can you work thanksgiving? its a 12 hour shift for holiday pay".
    Sucks but for that pay who can turn it down. So I'm doing my rounds at 2pm and I hear a disturbance. I investigate. Its my relief. I"m getting shorted 4 hours holiday pay? WTF? I swear its my boss who is going to need security if this crap keeps up. Btw, this isn't the first time I've been shorted. I just got my pay slip for last week and in spite of a verbal agreement I'd get no less than 9.75 for any site, I"ve got 32 hours at 9.32.

And in another thread you wondered why some people don't give two weeks notice?!!! He'll be lucky if I don't go down and give my notice up his ass.
    My Thanks Giving sucked also, i had to work. Ontop of that we went out to eat at this place that couldnt run a lemonade stand if they tried.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear this guys - I only worked holidays for the $$$$ and as a relief manager paid as a casual - would always sleep later on. 1 worked 1 New Years day from 1200 - 1700 and as the LPM was given a day off in lieu. Nothing was open and a few people ate in the eateries since only McDonalds was open - but that was it. We had a clean up of the office and after 30 minutes decided our day was done. Working as a relief manager on casual dollars I ALWAYS wanted p/hols for $$$. I worked casual for a friend last month - p/hol was paid just over $45.40 US/hour and f/t staff (level 3) were on about $36.25 US / hr. That bites big time ......... many companies I worked with pressured staff into working when they did not want and promised the world - only to never deliver.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post

That is the oddest pay rate I have heard of. Why, exactly, are you being paid exactly .32 cents in addition to 9 dollars?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I would bet it's so his lame boss can nickel and dime him up to the ten or more dollars he should be getting and make it look like he's getting a raise every once and a while.

"And in another thread you wondered why some people don't give two weeks notice?!!! He'll be lucky if I don't go down and give my notice up his ass."

Craig I like your attitude don't take crap from anyone or you will end up with a wallet full of crap and little money.
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Sorry to hear that Craig. Unfortunatly I have seen that sort of BS from many of the contract companies. I think it's time you looked for something else.
            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Quebec decided to change the law a few years ago to make it fairer for part time workers. EVERYONE is now entitled to 20% of their previous 4 weeks for every legal holiday. In the past I used to work part time at another hotel on Fridays. When holidays were on the Monday i would not get anything. Now (if I still worked at that hotel) I would get 20% of 32 hours every holiday even though I was not working that day
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Okay, I'll cop to it. The only reason I havent' told em to shove it yet is, I'm taking a week off, christmas week, we (my family, mom, dad, brother and me, are going on a cruise, long story on why a cruise, but my parents are getting up to that point where I can't be sure this opportunity will happen again ) and its not the kind if thing I want to say to a new company "thanks for hiring me, by the way, I"m taking a week off next week".
                Its a one shot deal, and normally, being the new guy, I know I have to work the holidays etc. After this I can app with a good conscience.

Comment

Ok the company I work for the only Holiday you get off is if it is on your reg. day off. If you get called in it is reg. O/T pay. If it is your normal day to work it's strait pay ( no Holiday pay )
                  "If a man does his best, what else is there?" Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Thread necro
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

HOLIDAYS = $$$$$ Especially if it's Night Shift.......Fiqure Straight Pay + OT Rate + Holiday Rate comes out to Double Time and a half. Add in the Night Shift Diffrential and I sit pretty

It's like war when there's holidays at my place.....Everybody wants em' {except the young guys} hey I look at it this way........I'll take thier money. We don't work that hard to begin with and less on the Holidays

Comment

For me, the only holidays I try to get off is the 4th of July (BBQing and explosives ) and Thanksgiving (the obvious)
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X