Disarming the seatbelt chime in CV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disarming the seatbelt chime in CV's

I posted this on O.com, and figured i'd post it here as well.

Shuttin' off the seatbelt chime in CV's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that want to de-activate the annoying as hell seat belt chimes, this is how...

1. Sit in your car with all the doors closed...

2. Be sure that the ignition is on the OFF position (however, you will need your keys in the ignition).

3. Be sure that the headlamps are on the OFF position

4. Set the parking brake...

5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (however, NOT starting the car)

6. Wait for the seat belt indicator to turn off (approx. 60 secs)

7. Put on and take off the seatbelt 9 times (you will have to do this within 10 seconds of the seatbelt indicator going off).. and you will notice the airbag warning light turn on (for the drivers side it was display on the odometer)

Repeat this for the passenger side seat (however, the airbag indicator will light up on the passenger side dashboard)..
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glad most of our aussie cars don't have this. My previous car used to go into self-arming mode even if the keys were in the ignition and when watching someone the bloody immobiliser needed to be cleared and would chirp as I started the car up.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Or just remove the fuse.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
        Or just remove the fuse.
        Exactly, the same goes for disabiling those daylight running lights when sitting a surveillance.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

For the running lights on Jeep's simply apply the parking break just one click will do. You can also drive blacked out this way without the P brake activating as far as I've tried.

I gotta give credit to BadBoynMD fo having the patients to go through the procedure though.
          I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
            I posted this on O.com, and figured i'd post it here as well.

Shuttin' off the seatbelt chime in CV's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that want to de-activate the annoying as hell seat belt chimes, this is how...

2. Be sure that the ignition is on the OFF position (however, you will need your keys in the ignition).

7. Put on and take off the seatbelt 9 times (you will have to do this within 10 seconds of the seatbelt indicator going off).. and you will notice the airbag warning light turn on (for the drivers side it was display on the odometer)

Repeat this for the passenger side seat (however, the airbag indicator will light up on the passenger side dashboard)..
            What year Crown Victoria are you talking about?

I personally own a 2006 CVPI and the air bag light on the passenger side does not stay "steady burn" and wont per the owners manual.
            "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
              Or just remove the fuse.
              or if you have a trusty buddy at the dealership..lol

Comment

Actually, I had a dealership refuse to do it ....it's a liability thing. If you look in the owner's manual at the fuse box configuration, it tells you which one to pull.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                  Actually, I had a dealership refuse to do it ....it's a liability thing. If you look in the owner's manual at the fuse box configuration, it tells you which one to pull.
                  Thats why I said a trusty buddy at the dealership. I dont have to tell anyone what happened to it.

Comment

The CVPI Modder's Guide, available on several sites or from your Ford Dealer, has a wealth of knowledge.

Including if the fuse goes to any of the myriad of "do not tap into" systems that Ford has thoughtfully wired together in a Frankenstein mess.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                      What year Crown Victoria are you talking about?

I personally own a 2006 CVPI and the air bag light on the passenger side does not stay "steady burn" and wont per the owners manual.
                      What you will have to do is....

7. Put on and take off the seatbelt 9 times (the airbag indicator will light up, buckle and unbuckle one time.... you will see the indicator blink several times and then you're finished)
                      Repeat this for the passenger side seat
                      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Here's how I keep that pesky chime off.

1. Sit in car.

2. Put your seat belt on.

3. Put key in ignition.

4. ... Silence.

Let's set an example out here guys. Buckle up.

Or if you are one who never has to exceed 10mph, just buckle the seatbelt before you get in and sit down.
                        Anything that hits the fan,
                        Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

I always wear my seatbelt---except one site we have where you do drive 10mph and never leave the site. I buckle the passenger side belt into the driver side. This way no belt is annoying me behind my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Contact View Post
                            Here's how I keep that pesky chime off.

1. Sit in car.

2. Put your seat belt on.

3. Put key in ignition.

4. ... Silence.

Let's set an example out here guys. Buckle up.

Or if you are one who never has to exceed 10mph, just buckle the seatbelt before you get in and sit down.
                            Okay, I see you missed the point here. The point of this, is not to say "hey guys, now you don't have to wear your seatbelt (at all) and hear the annoying as hell chimes". If you're working a high-crime or even a residential area, it's not unusual for some to not wear the seatbelt (for obvious reasons). Also, if you're arriving close on scene of a hot call or emergency back-up most take off the seatbelt for a faster exit out of the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                              Okay, I see you missed the point here. The point of this, is not to say "hey guys, now you don't have to wear your seatbelt (at all) and hear the annoying as hell chimes". If you're working a high-crime or even a residential area, it's not unusual for some to not wear the seatbelt (for obvious reasons). Also, if you're arriving close on scene of a hot call or emergency back-up most take off the seatbelt for a faster exit out of the vehicle.
                              And you're in such a hurry that you just can't handle the chime for the 5 seconds while your unit comes to a stop? Come on bud, it's not that loud. Turn your prep radio up. It's not worth a vehicle modification.

Actually, a better option that someone else mentioned over on o.com was getting a seat belt extender for free from the dealership. Plug it in and be done with it. No vehicle modification needed.
                              Anything that hits the fan,
                              Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X