ASIS Private Security Appreciation Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASIS Private Security Appreciation Night

Last night I attended the Private Security Appreciation Night at my local ASIS chapter in Philadelphia. Does anyone else attend this function at their local chapter?
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

I do enjoy going to the few ASIS meetings I can. Good food, good speakers and a common interest. Chapter 140 did not have Security or Law Enforcment night this year.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

I have been to two meetings in the Tampa Bay area. I missed the last one though.

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        I do enjoy going to the few ASIS meetings I can. Good food, good speakers and a common interest. Chapter 140 did not have Security or Law Enforcment night this year.
        That's too bad, I thought Security Appreciation Night was pretty much mandated. I may be wrong though.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Are they open to active ASIS members, or the general industry? While I can most likely join an ASIS chapter based on previous experience... I'm not sure how quite to justify the expense.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

There are member and non member prices for the dinner meetings(up my way anyway), watch the website of a chapter near you and email a rep. to attend.
            Groucho Marx

Comment

I don't even know if there are any chapters around here.
              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I do not belive i have ever heard of asis. can someone link the web site please. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SRT S-1 View Post
                  I do not belive i have ever heard of asis. can someone link the web site please. thanks
                  Frankly, I do not believe someone wouldn't google it, but I guess ASIS and other such security organizations are not getting out there enough. And as a member, that is also my responsibilty. So here is the site and also one for the International Foundation for Protection Officers.

ASIS chapter search is there too.

http://www.asisonline.org/

http://www.ifpo.org/
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X