• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Security Guard Accused Of Violently Attacking Woman

Fake Security Guard Accused Of Violently Attacking Woman

POSTED: 4:52 pm EST November 5, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:30 pm EST November 5, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An Orange County woman says she was attacked and pepper-sprayed by an apartment complex security guard. When she complained to Eyewitness News, it was found that Jonathan Shaddix was a fake and had a criminal record.

Eyewitness News uncovered Jonathan Shaddix's long rap sheet. It goes back to when he was 11 years old. He is a convicted felon, yet the same man wore a badge, carried a baton and helped send an innocent resident to jail.

To the Department of Corrections, 22-year-old Jonathon Shaddix is known as inmate number X-55-169, but to residents at the Clarona Groves Apartments he was thought of as a security guard.

"He had the whole armor. He had on security, security shoes, pants, the whole uniform," said

Shaddix also carried a badge and had plenty of bravado. Kendrika Dorn said she got into a civil argument with an actual security guard and then Shaddix attacked.

"After he started cursing me out, I just turned around and left and out of nowhere he just chased me, struck me with a baton and sprayed me with pepper spray," Dorn told Eyewitness News.

Dorn was thrown to the ground, leaving bruises on her face. Shaddix called Orange County deputies, who then put her under arrest.

"It makes me feel like I'm nothing. I'm the ground they walk on. They beat me, chase me to my house and then throw me in jail," Dorn said.

After a night in jail, the charges against Dorn were dropped, but now state officials are looking into Shaddix. They plan to charge him with falsely impersonating a watchman and carrying a weapon, a violation of his probation.

Shaddix has long criminal history. When he was 11, he was accused of conspiring to commit murder and later accused of making a fake mail bomb just after September 11. Shaddix was also arrested as recently as Halloween night for driving with a suspended license and is currently in custody.

"I know that justice will prevail. I know he will be dealt with," Dorn said.

Shaddix is currently in prison for his probation violation.

According to Safe Security and Investigations, Inc., the company that patrols the Clarona Groves Apartments, Shaddix never worked for them; he just liked to socialize with the guards there and carry his fake security badge. They've now been told not to talk to him.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Terrible story. But he was charged with "impersonating a watchman"? Interesting.

Be Safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

1 retailer I worked for had site security open the door for the "cleaners who were removing a $10k plasma tv screen to take it outside and dust it". Shock horror it was stolen without warning.

During the 2000 games, 2 idiots who worked with my company opened up a loading dock door and over $150k of CNN equipment walked out the door and there excuse was "they asked me to do it but I did not see any ID badges or accreditation passes".

Hence why it has been law for 9 years security officers to wear / display their security licences whilst on duty (even mine is on display on my trouser belt) to identify your position and to provide a form of certification as well.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
        Terrible story. But he was charged with "impersonating a watchman"? Interesting.

Be Safe,

Hank
        Yea thats under the same statute as impersonating a law enforcement officer. But state law doesn't say what a watchman is.

843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc.--A person who falsely assumes or pretends to be a sheriff, officer of the Florida Highway Patrol, officer of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, officer of the Department of Environmental Protection, officer of the Department of Transportation, officer of the Department of Financial Services, officer of the Department of Corrections, correctional probation officer, deputy sheriff, state attorney or assistant state attorney, statewide prosecutor or assistant statewide prosecutor, state attorney investigator, coroner, police officer, lottery special agent or lottery investigator, beverage enforcement agent, or watchman, or any member of the Parole Commission and any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission, or any personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement, or a federal law enforcement officer as defined in s. 901.1505, and takes upon himself or herself to act as such, or to require any other person to aid or assist him or her in a matter pertaining to the duty of any such officer, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; however, a person who falsely personates any such officer during the course of the commission of a felony commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; except that if the commission of the felony results in the death or personal injury of another human being, the person commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
        Last edited by bigdog; 11-08-2007, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
          Yea thats under the same statute as impersonating a law enforcement officer. But state law doesn't say what a watchman is.

843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc.--A person who falsely assumes or pretends to be a sheriff, officer of the Florida Highway Patrol, officer of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, officer of the Department of Environmental Protection, officer of the Department of Transportation, officer of the Department of Financial Services, officer of the Department of Corrections, correctional probation officer, deputy sheriff, state attorney or assistant state attorney, statewide prosecutor or assistant statewide prosecutor, state attorney investigator, coroner, police officer, lottery special agent or lottery investigator, beverage enforcement agent, or watchman, or any member of the Parole Commission and any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission, or any personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement, or a federal law enforcement officer as defined in s. 901.1505, and takes upon himself or herself to act as such, or to require any other person to aid or assist him or her in a matter pertaining to the duty of any such officer, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; however, a person who falsely personates any such officer during the course of the commission of a felony commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; except that if the commission of the felony results in the death or personal injury of another human being, the person commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
          I assumed that when the enhanced penalty passed, they would have changed the wording " watchman" to " licensed security officer".

Be Safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I fail to understand why he was permitted to socialize with the guards and flash his phony badge. Now, wonder of wonders, the security company doesn't want its employees to talk with him. It will be hard to do if he is now incarcerated for a parole violation.
            I feel sorry for the woman who had to endure all of that.
            In trouble since he was 11, apparently no parental supervision or his parents were setting an example for him to emulate.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

And/or the fact that purchasing a badge that says "Security Guard" or "Security Enforcement Officer" is not regulated; This could be a case of the Property Manager's choice of a Security company who likely issue generic badges, I.E. Gall's, and this wingnut who probly bought one online just because he could...

IMHO, just as LEO's, even Security Officer's should be required to show proof of affiliation and accreditation in order to purchase badges that overall would give an inherent impression of authority to someone who may not know better...
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

1. According to the Pasco-Pinellas SAO, a "watchman" is a Sheriff's Man posted to a wartime plant. The charge won't stick, though, because there haven't been watchmen in 40 years.

2. You can't really "require credentials" for "security." Lets face it. I own a business. It is small, but if I decide to call my secretary a secretary/security guard, does this mean she's magically entitled to buy a security badge or handcuffs and whatnot? What if I decide to give the job of "security guard" to the janitor? Does he show a Janitor card now?
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

2. You can't really "require credentials" for "security." Lets face it. I own a business. It is small, but if I decide to call my secretary a secretary/security guard, does this mean she's magically entitled to buy a security badge or handcuffs and whatnot? What if I decide to give the job of "security guard" to the janitor? Does he show a Janitor card now?

Not for presentation, but as a responsible company owner, you can be sure that the format is followed...

I mean, honestly, how difficult is it for some guy to order a generic SO badge and start flashing it "Willy Nilly"...
                  Last edited by flashlightcop509; 11-08-2007, 11:56 PM.
                  “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                  "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                    During the 2000 games, 2 idiots who worked with my company opened up a loading dock door and over $150k of CNN equipment walked out the door and there excuse was "they asked me to do it but I did not see any ID badges or accreditation passes".
                    Often you'll come across legit operators who don't have any credentials (let alone company photo ID) at least this has been my experience with contract cleaning services, a brief casual conversation & then a comparison check with their driver's license will turn up if they've provided a bogus/dodgy name

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                    Hence why it has been law for 9 years security officers to wear / display their security licences whilst on duty (even mine is on display on my trouser belt) to identify your position and to provide a form of certification as well.
                    AFAIK down here we only have to carry our license whilst on duty, not actually display it... even working functions (crowd control) etc. we only wear designated/issued ID number tags
                    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Wait for it maelstrom ........... word is it will happen in 2008. Crowd Controllers need only carry their licence provided they wear a Security ID card with individual number that is recorded. No licence = no work. Working LP I always carried mine on my belt and during an arrest it is on a retractable chain so it is flashed in front of the eyes of the scum stealing from me. To work without your licence displayed needs a bloody good reason and this includes CPP work where you have a genuine reason for not displaying it with a Commissioner's permit as well.

Comment

Bad all the way around

Looks to me that the victim will have revenge two ways for this incident:

1) against the fake guard in criminal court; and,

2) against the guard company who let the moron dress up like one of their guards and did not take a direct action to try to prevent it. The victim should be able to eat up the guard company in civil court.

Comment

Um according to the FL DOACS website Jonathan Shaddix was a "D" and "G" licensed security officer his licensure is under review.
                          http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/cgi...TUS=IND_DETAIL
                          Last edited by bigdog; 11-09-2007, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Just curious ........... all those FBI and CIA fake t-shirts I see down at the markets for sale, does it mean I won't be able to look at them without credentials ?

Badges should be numbered but like anything ............ there will be knock offs sold my dodgy operators who are looking to make a few dollars.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X