question for those that do or have made traffic stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    I've been pulled over numerous times in the Commonwealth of Virginia and have not received a single speeding ticket.
    Were you pulled over for speeding?

Comment

I've been pulled over numerous times in the Commonwealth of Virginia and have not received a single speeding ticket.
      Must be your great personality and easy laid back demeanor

Comment

Originally posted by doulos Christou View Post
        Were you pulled over for speeding?
        Yeah it's always for speeding. I agree with TALON that it's probably due to my easy-going, very diplomatic and impossible to dislike personality.
        Washington DC

Comment

I never was a big fan of writing traffic cites; guess my personal philosophy somewhat mirrored Lawson's (would write the blatant safety issues in a heartbeat, and issue a verbal or written warning to most other infractions... for the reasons BC cites on page 1).

(BTW, I like Nathan's phrase about citing for Stupidity Related Offenses...)

In short: No, I was not taught to make a decision before exiting the unit; my decisions were usually finalized at the drivers' windows.

Don't know what they're teaching at CHP Academy nowdays, but a guy I worked around a lot (Way Back When) told me that their policy was the opposite; if they lit you up, you were getting papered.

bpdblue; both of my old FTO's eventually quit over the same sort of bureaucratic BS you relate... a sad loss to the LEO profession (2 of the finest cops, and men, I've had the pleasure to know and work with). All too common a scenario; and one of those Catch-22's that LEO managers deal with all day. You couldn't pay me enough to do their jobs!

mjw; It's definately your tactful, diplomatic disposition, combined with your distinct lack of saracastic wit.
          "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. They have some hefty fines down there.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X