X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grenadier
    replied
    Armed security only

As Long as there are people like: Hillery Clinton, Barbra Boxer, Diane Finestine, Ted Kennedy, Charles Schumer, Frank Lautenberg, John Conyers, in public office I will only work Armed Posts. As long as the bad guys can arm them selves I will be armed no matter where I am!
    Last edited by grenadier; 03-24-2008, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    u have yahoomessenger? so we don't jack this thread lol? if u do i'llpmu w/ my screenname.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
    i once lived in callaway 32404. near stetson's
    LOL That's crazy I lived in Parker, down the road from Stetson's and spend a few bucks in that place.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    From what I understand the pay was pretty good. Don't know about benes. They carry Berreta M-9s. They stay on post, you check it out during guard mount.

I live in Pensacola was in Panama City for about a year and half before I came over here. Armed pays a bit better here, depending on who you work for.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    i once lived in callaway 32404. near stetson's

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    thanks, i appreciate it.pay or benefits good?? they carry 9mil. or m16's? LOL
    u in pc?? i'min tallahassee,fla.
    pay here is 8/hr armed.
    u know i do better than that with a cdl,when there's jobs.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    any other ideas? there's a navy and afb close by. I've been seeking employment for months. But there's noopen cdl jobs. and 1 or 2 security openings that pay 8/hr.one doesn't allow 9mil carry, which I have. The other pays late or checks bounce.
    I know Tyndall talked about going contract at the gates but right now a lot of AF bases are going back to DOD police (if your interested, Tyndall, Eglin and Hurlburt are all hiring). The Navy base in Panama City has contract at the gates. From what I have heard they promise a lot and deliver little. We have had a few applicants from them. Can't remember the name of the top of my head but I can try and find out.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    cool thanks,as a former military member didn't think u could just visit w/out knowing someone. I've had month's of days off being unemployed,lol. but I just applied w/ 2 prison transport jobs,may have tomove tho. thanks 4 the info.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    any other ideas? there's a navy and afb close by. I've been seeking employment for months. But there's noopen cdl jobs. and 1 or 2 security openings that pay 8/hr.one doesn't allow 9mil carry, which I have. The other pays late or checks bounce.
    Head out to both bases on your day off, procure a visitor's pass, if available, and whilst doing so, ask the guards (if they have contract guards, they should be readily visible as such) about jobs. Note the company name and web-search them when you get back.

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    replied
    The way I see it, an unarmed security officer, at least in my area (I work at a check cashing store), is about as useful as an unarmed police officer.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I looked into these 3 sites. All Florida jobs were in
    miami. Patrick AFB is Tampa, I believe....and Tyndall AFB is Panama city. I didn't see any AFB openings. I never remember seeing non military security at Tyndall AFB.
    I also posted that several months ago...They probably don't have the contract anymore. I know they lost the local Army base contract since then.

FWIW, our local AFB has contract guards working the gates; they wear hi-vis vests that say 'police' on them. I was just there today and noticed this.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
    Nice deal on the house. We pay $850 a month for our rental house with huge yard and garage, and that's with all utilities included, less cable TV.

Look into federal contracts. That's what I'm on.

Fear of change is perfectly reasonable. My current company has a website with our contract on it- www.parasys.com.

As for making this much in your area, try Alutiiq at http://www.alutiiq.com/jobs/show.php?id=2673

They're always looking for armed guys for federal contracts in the Floriduh area, and in that type of role, I'm guessing you're looking at more than $10 an hour.

Akal has an ICE contract in Miami, and Air Force base security contracts at Patrick and tyndall AFBs (not sure where those are). AFB contracts usually run $15-23 an hour, in my experience. http://www.akalsecurity.com/openings
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I looked into these 3 sites. All Florida jobs were in
    miami. Patrick AFB is Tampa, I believe....and Tyndall AFB is Panama city. I didn't see any AFB openings. I never remember seeing non military security at Tyndall AFB.

Leave a comment:

• shawn0331
    replied
    No

Seeing as how I dont plan to stay in security forever(moving to LE soon) I feel that I can be picky. I will work armed only. a few more dollars an hour(assuming there was an unarmed job available to me that paid more) is not worth my life.

As a passenger on an airplane you have to control if the plane is going down. I relate that to being an unarmed SO. As the driver of a car, even if someone else makes a mistake you still have a fighting chance to avoid that mistake. Thats an Armed SO to me.

Being a SO is target enough but not being able to defend yourself is down right careless~ Just my thoughts

Leave a comment:

• inman
    replied
    I have the state license for armed carry as security, but our contract doesn't require it. I also hold a Texas CHL but don't own a firearm. I have it just in case I decide to.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X