People...ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People...ugh

Has anyone else noticed the power of parking spaces to turn fully grown, mature, successful business people into kindergartners?
    "He's parked in my space!"
    "Someone parked in my space, so I parked in someone else's space." God forbid you should park in a regular unreserved space once.

In the words of Linus: I love humanity, it's people I can't stand.
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Totally have to agree. At our clients the fat (30 lbs each butt cheek) cats get close to the building spaces and the worker bees get to walk a piece to the building. I guess in a healthy way they are screwing themselves out of some free exercise to get to the donuts faster.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
      Has anyone else noticed the power of parking spaces to turn fully grown, mature, successful business people into kindergartners?
      "Someone parked in my space, so I parked in someone else's space." God forbid you should park in a regular unreserved space once.

I do not get those often. But it's the condo owners who have their own parking spot that complain. But, they do pay for that one spot.

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

1 building I was contracted to manage the security had me also manage their carpark access (I did this for free parking). I would get a call from the building manager to ask for a new pass to be ready for a tennant who would be shocked to see the pass ready to use. Again this was for free parking of $470 US a month so I did not care WHERE I parked under the building. 1 morning I was called to deal with a carpark issue over 2 power queens with their armani outfits pouting and yelling at each other over who had which car spot 10 feet closer to the elevators. 1 claimed her BMW would not fit in the other car spot and the other said her Audi was here first. I just backed out slowly and suggested we allocate NUMBERS spaces today.

At $470 US a month (heart of the city) I did not care WHERE I parked as it was usually 150 feet away from the elevators and it was free. 1 drama queen was on a 7 figure salary and would often demand we do this and that for her and the day her PA asked us to regularly walk her dry cleaning to her office was the day I politely reminded her again - we do not work for you, sorry Madame.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

And more

Officerchick, so true, and funny.

How about the red zones, and handi-cap parking areas. Some of the people I have dealt with would refuse to move, because they were only going to be there a few minutes, even though they were told about tickets ($325 for the handi-capped parker) and that they would be towed. Some of the more stupid ones took it to that level.

Comment

I work at a condo complex so i get the "Someone parked in my space" call all the time.
            "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

IMHO, most "high and mighty elite OMFG I'm teh cool" reserved parking slots suck.

I used to work unarmed (circa '93-'94) in downtown Seattle...All of the upper-managemental types in our building had reserved slots right next to the entrance/exit of the garage, whereas we peon guards parked five floors down.

It made it nice come winter time when the outside temp was 18-30*. Their reserved slots were pretty chilly, whilst my car was sitting pretty at 72 climate-controlled degrees year-round.

Comment

In this same building we had a flash flood and because my car was parked at the back of the building in a higher location (with the other freebies) the water peaked 40 feet away and we were high and dry with LAKE CAR PARK in the middle. Cars were under 3 feet of water and I managed to get the building engineer to come in and pump the water out into the street drains (local building had clogged up the carpark drains with debris) but we had to assist 40 claims for damage insde the carpark and outside another 200 cars were up for insurance claims (due to slope of the land). I looked happy driving out at 1700 in my car that needed to be washed as angry car owners abused the building management company.

Comment

I used to work unarmed (circa '93-'94) in downtown Seattle...

Unarmed?!! Must have been different back then as opposed to nowadays... Hell, from what I've read in the news and heard from my Step-Daughter's fiance recently about SeaTac area, I wouldn't consider going into that neck of the woods without two .50 AE Desert Eagles, a IIIIIIA threat level vest, a few AP grenades, and a venomous duck for personal preservation...

“Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                  "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post

Unarmed?!! Must have been different back then as opposed to nowadays... Hell, from what I've read in the news and heard from my Step-Daughter's fiance recently about SeaTac area, I wouldn't consider going into that neck of the woods without two .50 AE Desert Eagles, a IIIIIIA threat level vest, a few AP grenades, and a venomous duck for personal preservation...
                    Oh, so YOU'RE the guy who stole my venomous duck! I been looking everywhere for him!

Well, I guess you can keep him if you promise to feed him properly. He normally gets two Congressmen a day - one for breakfast and one for dinner.
                    Last edited by SecTrainer; 11-01-2007, 04:50 AM.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

When I was in the corporate setting I rejected the executive parking space with my name on it for parking amongst the general staff. I also rejected the expensive luxury company car for a much less expensive American made car. My fellow execs tried to get me to comform to the company standard and I refused. My reply to them was always . . . I have a conscience.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

And then there's the stupid questions.

Me: Sign in please, sir.
                        Visitor: Where'm I gonna sign in?
                        Me: (aloud) says nothing and turns to a new page in the sign in book.
                        Me: (inside) Try turnin' the freakin' page genius!

Visitor: Is there anyone actually in this building?
                        Me: (aloud) Yes, it's actually quite full. There's a lot of construction around us, but the building is several years old.
                        Me: (inside) No, I'm just here for decoration. And so is the tenant directory. And the flat screen TV. And all the cars in the parking lot.

Perhaps my (least) favorite: (some background - we have a different security company housed in this building. their officers are in and out for paychecks, etc.)
                        Visitor (in security uniform) : Do I have to sign in?
                        Me: Yes, sir, all visitors must sign in.
                        Visitor: But I work for (name of company)
                        Me: Yes, sir, but do you work in the building?
                        Visitor: In this building? No, but I work for (name of company)
                        Me: I understand that, sir, but unless you actually work in the building you are a visitor and must sign in.
                        Visitor: (walking away) What, is there a government agency here or something?

Makes me glad I work for my company and not this competitor.
                        That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

Like Curtis, I refused to look like a wanker (idiot) with a European import and stuck to my old reliable tank and always parked away from the building due to security threats of my own. I got pinched for once parking for 10 minutes in a visitor spot for about 1 hour before the staff arrived to unload gear so I decided to stay right away so I could come and go as I pleased. When my boss was fired with the whole exec team one Monday, it was a cat fight over who was to take over his car space since most people did not want to walk up the 3 levels to the main part of the building.

Comment

Thumbs up to Curtis & NRM Oz. I wouldn't want some fancy shmancy luxury car. I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee, though if they offered me the one with the Hemi or the SRT I would sway. I'm not a fan of imports...

As far as parking goes, we park close to our offices or gate house, which I like. If I was in an upper management position I would want a spot less obvious for my and my vehicle's safety, I don't like everyone knowing which car is mine... At home I have an assigned spot and I live in a fairly decent area with great tenants in the building, well I am probably one of the youngest even though I'm 30 so it's nice and quiet.

I just don't get people who bicker and fight over silly things like a freaking parking spot, Git off your lazy but and walk.
                            I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

JB I always wanted a Cherokee but with the cost of fuel hitting over $4.00 US a gallon, I am happy to stay with the mid-size for now. Waiting for Nissan to trial their first 1000kms on a 5 cylinder SUV the same size as a Cherokee but slightly smaller engine. If the company provided me with a car I would not care what it was provided it was free and I could fit into it (No Geo Metro size cars please).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X