X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    Hank, next time you see him congratulate him on a job well done from me.

Steve
    I will EMT! Thanks..

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    I am proud to say that the Security Officer in question, was one of mine!

Be Safe,

Hank
    Hank, next time you see him congratulate him on a job well done from me.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Rhino23
    replied
    Approximately 7 years ago, I was patrolling a apartment complex late one summer night. I was driving through the parking area when I heard what sounded like a cat meowing. But, something about that continuous meowing kept me in the area for some unknown reason. I decided to get out of my squad to find the source. I inspected every vehicle until I found a infant (approximately 4 months old) crying inside a locked vehicle. I called Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office to respond. Four Deputies arrived on scene. When they found that child, they were angry. The Deputies and my fellow CIS Officers knocked on every apartment door trying to find the parent. We found "Mom" having sex with the male resident identified as not being the infant's dad. The "mother" was taken into custody and the infant's father was notified. The male resident had "no idea" the child was in the car. When asked, the resident stated that the female was visiting him for the past 3 hours.

Be Safe,

Hank

That really sickens me i hope she got a hard punishment. if it was in Iowa She probally charges aginst her

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Approximately 7 years ago, I was patrolling a apartment complex late one summer night. I was driving through the parking area when I heard what sounded like a cat meowing. But, something about that continuous meowing kept me in the area for some unknown reason. I decided to get out of my squad to find the source. I inspected every vehicle until I found a infant (approximately 4 months old) crying inside a locked vehicle. I called Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office to respond. Four Deputies arrived on scene. When they found that child, they were angry. The Deputies and my fellow CIS Officers knocked on every apartment door trying to find the parent. We found "Mom" having sex with the male resident identified as not being the infant's dad. The "mother" was taken into custody and the infant's father was notified. The male resident had "no idea" the child was in the car. When asked, the resident stated that the female was visiting him for the past 3 hours.

Be Safe,

Hank
    Something like that makes me wish the "Mom" accidentally slipped on her way to jail.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    Actually I've found that to be the contrary on a few cases. I had a woman leave her child in a car for 3 hrs by himself because she said he didn't want to go inside. This was a 2 year old child. Another resident alerted me to it. The real story was the baby was crying and she didn't want to hear it so she left the baby in the car. This a was at midnight in the winter and the winters here don't get very cold but still . thats pretty intentional to me.
    If someone does it intentionally, I say throw the book at them. Make them stay in a hot or cold car for a few hours and see what happens (after the jail time). My earlier comment was for the unintentional ones.

Leave a comment:

• officerchick
    replied
    That's detestable. And kudos to the guard in the earlier story. I used to work for the state child welfare agency and deal with these yahoos every day. That job left me with less compassion for them than I had to begin with. I might forget my phone. I might lose my keys occasionally. The other day I put one cat in the bedroom and forgot for about thirty minutes. But that's your kid, in a locked car. I'm probably a lot more liberal than many on this forum, but when it comes to this, grow the heck up and take responsibility. It's your CHILD for God's sake. Whatever funk you're in, pull your cranium out of your derriere and tend to your child. No one put a gun to your head and said "You will procreate." Whether you chose it by active choice or by lack of forethought/prevention, you chose to have a child.

Ahem...I now surrender my soapbox to the next candidate.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney View Post
    That happened in a suburb of Phoenix. The mother forgot to drop her child off at daycare before going to work as a waitress at Hooters. When she got off work and went to her car she realized what she had done. The temp. was about 90 degrees. I amagine the temp in the car was well over 100. Sad story. The child was only 18 months old. I can't understand how a person can forget their child in a vehicle. I know its not on purpose. I think one thing that would help this from happening is being able to put the childs carseat in the front seat. I know they say it is unsafe because of the airbags, but, it would definately cut down on the problem.
    Actually I've found that to be the contrary on a few cases. I had a woman leave her child in a car for 3 hrs by himself because she said he didn't want to go inside. This was a 2 year old child. Another resident alerted me to it. The real story was the baby was crying and she didn't want to hear it so she left the baby in the car. This a was at midnight in the winter and the winters here don't get very cold but still . thats pretty intentional to me.

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
    Nice work by the guard. An observation like that can really save lives.

Unfortunatly, on the news today, I saw a story about another mother leaving her baby in the car, and the baby died, I believe from heat related causes.

This type of thing really gets to me. I am a proud father of 3 young ones, and I know it would kill me if that (or any other deadly thing) happened to one of mine.
    That happened in a suburb of Phoenix. The mother forgot to drop her child off at daycare before going to work as a waitress at Hooters. When she got off work and went to her car she realized what she had done. The temp. was about 90 degrees. I amagine the temp in the car was well over 100. Sad story. The child was only 18 months old. I can't understand how a person can forget their child in a vehicle. I know its not on purpose. I think one thing that would help this from happening is being able to put the childs carseat in the front seat. I know they say it is unsafe because of the airbags, but, it would definately cut down on the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post

Unfortunatly, on the news today, I saw a story about another mother leaving her baby in the car, and the baby died, I believe from heat related causes.

This type of thing really gets to me. I am a proud father of 3 young ones, and I know it would kill me if that (or any other deadly thing) happened to one of mine.
    Blue~
    I am not a father, but it bothers me everytime I hear a story about a child drowning, getting hit by a car or left in a vehicle. It's a shame. We average 4 or 5 child abuse/endangerment cases a week. I get disgusted everytime I see one.

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    Good going

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    Hank: Pass my kudos to the officer involved. Good job.

I've been involved in two of these. Both times the parents went to jail. First time was an infant on a sunny afternoon. Second time was a 7 YO boy who was looking after a 3 YO girl and a 6 month old boy overnight on a cold February night.
    Sure will Andy, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    I saw Sand Pointe Place, and knew it was. Isn't that a hell hole?
    It sure was at one time. We (CIS) are making headway.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Hank - pass on an industry thank you from us Aussies to that S/O please ?
    Sure will Oz. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I am proud to say that the Security Officer in question, was one of mine!

Be Safe,

Hank
    I saw Sand Pointe Place, and knew it was. Isn't that a hell hole?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X