Some one just got a promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some one just got a promotion!

Say hello to a new SGT whoooo hooo GOLD YAY! so i get the privellage of being a supervisor now, my boss says i earned the rank, and im doing a good job, however the site i will be supervisor over is a challenging site high turn over due to having to be out 90% of the shift and doing detex/deggy rounds. However it is a swing shift position, monday - friday and hopefully a pay raise too :P as most supervisor positions offer more money per hour then site guard positions....
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Congrats!
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Congratulations! What do you think will be your first order of business in this new position?

Comment

well re-train the officers, as many dont do the proper job (i.e> write hit detex points)
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

From one Sergeant to another, congrats. Dont forget, lead by example.
          "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

eww.... detex *shudder*
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Congradulations. See hanging around with all us here smart folks helps (Conceit is a fault and I have no faults )
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Hmm. Do they have to hit the detex keys in order, or are they just missing the things?
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

21 hits per hour no set hour, but most hit all 21, and well some just dont do them or they dont know where the buttons are.

Comment

Congrats

Your site has those button and wand things? Yikes. It's probably not that bad.

I wish they had ranks at the site I'm at. More security companies and security departments should assign ranks. They kinda unofficially do (i.e. Security Officer I, Security Officer II, Security Officer III, Security Officer IV). But it isn't displayed

Comment

Congrats on the promotion - I am sure it will take you a bit of time and patience to get things back on track. Believe me, as soon as you start cracking the whip, most will complain of being made to work or just go running off to complain about you. Having worked the industry - you know the BS factor and can work on improving performance and image too.

Best of Luck .......
                      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                        Congrats

Your site has those button and wand things? Yikes. It's probably not that bad.

I wish they had ranks at the site I'm at. More security companies and security departments should assign ranks. They kinda unofficially do (i.e. Security Officer I, Security Officer II, Security Officer III, Security Officer IV). But it isn't displayed
                        I have to ask, why? Most of the time, security firms assign a sergeant rank to a supervisor. If they have additional supervisory personnel, they use ranks such as Staff Sergeant, Master Sergeant, etc.

In other to assign more ranks, they would need more supervisors. Personally, I have never understood the idea of assigning every two person site a "site supervisor" and making them a Sergeant or Captain or whatever, when there's only two people at the post, and they never see each other.

Now, if there are 20+ guards at one site, and the client requires a point of contact to remain on site and work a shift, I can see assigning a "site supervisor" and giving them supervisory powers.

But for most accounts where its 1-3 guards on site... They can all work effectively as employees, the office is the account POC, and the supervisor performs post checks as the salaried member of management.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Most companies here have a TL role which is a whopping $5.00 US a shift more to be in that position. When I relieved on some sites, even though I outranked all onsite, I still had to comply with the TL's orders and only on a few occasions when we had no TL, did I step up to the plate - but most adults can work together and self-manage with a phone call to the Ops Mgr if needed.
                          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Good going

Nice job on the promo. Hope the next step up comes quick.

Comment

Congrats! Hopefully it turns out well for you. I am kind of split on what I think about ranks in private security. I think it mimics Law Enforcement and the military a little to much for my tastes.

I prefer titles that are more universal in business such as Supervisor, Manager, Director.

What I really don't like are companies that throw around titles, but not money.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X