X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    gonzo1510

• gonzo1510
    replied
    I can't believe no one has suggested "Top Flight" security...

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Too bad you're not forming a company that goes after kiddie p0rn merchants. You could call it "WhackinSmut".
    S.T.
    That one caught me off guard and I almost fell off my desk chair.

Leave a comment:

• Badge714

• Badge714
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    I would not contract any of those companies by the sound of the name. They all have that "Ooo! Look at us! We are total badass!" over the toppiness. Those names would be great for a self defense dojo. Not a security company.
    I agree. A few years ago, I was researching names for a company and was looking in the yellow pages from other states. I saw some very "interesting" names for security companies, like Force 5 Security ; Code Blue 2000 ; Delta Force International ; Command Force Professionals.
    As a client, I would never even call those outfits for bids. You can just imagine these Bozos with their decked-out Crown Vics, "special" weapons and black BDU style uniforms, ready to kick azz when all you want is someone to check your doors a couple of times a night.
    Badge714
    Last edited by Badge714; 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    I would not contract any of those companies by the sound of the name. They all have that "Ooo! Look at us! We are total badass!" over the toppiness. Those names would be great for a self defense dojo. Not a security company.
    Amen, brother!

Leave a comment:

• Badge714

• Badge714
    replied
    KNIGHTPATROL!

I used to own the web domain knightpatrol.com. Then I was offered an insane amount of money for it. So I sold it, and it's now a gay [email protected] site!

I own midwestpatrol.com and midwestpatrol.net. (And they might be for sale for the right price. )

Leave a comment:

• Lawson

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by kingsman View Post
    Predator Security Systems
    Wolf Pack Security
    Kodiak Security Services
    Tiger Paw Security

or any combination thereof. Has a bold, aggressive sound to it. Makes the contractor feel he is getting a proactive company.

Leave a comment:

• kingsman

• kingsman
    replied
    Predator Security Systems
    Wolf Pack Security
    Kodiak Security Services
    Tiger Paw Security

or any combination thereof. Has a bold, aggressive sound to it. Makes the contractor feel he is getting a proactive company.

Leave a comment:

• airtight security officer

• airtight security officer
    replied
    inland valley special patrol
    inland valley security and patrol

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy

• tattedupboy
    replied
    The most catchy name I know of is actually one I saw in a movie. Anyone remember "National Security?" That's what I would call my company.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Personally I like SecTrainer's idea, and this is how I've always done things. By using a "generic" name, you can branch out into anything. Also, something else you can do is get a holding corp, maybe in Nevada or Delaware or your home state, and the use LLCs or DBAs to create child corporations for each division.

For example...

Cityscape Solutions is the company name.
    Our "IT" brand has always been "Information Technology Group."
    Our TS brand has always been "Protective Services Group."

If I ever get enough money to branch into a full blown guard and patrol service, we could easily...

1. Use a company name that is specific, such as "Tiburon Protective(TM)," and put "A Cityscape Solutions Company" under it in tiny letters.

2. Simply use "Cityscape Solutions" as the company name, and put "Protective Services Group" under it.

Either way, this illustrates getting some brand management while limiting the liability for the master holding corporation in case your child company blows up or is so successful it needs divested.

I have always been partial to Tiburon Protective, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    How about . . . Snooze You Lose Security. We sleep so you don't have to.
    LOL! I think we have a winner! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Or ... "Acme Hot Foot Patrol," ... at the first hint of trouble, we hot foot it out of there.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    How about . . . Snooze You Lose Security. We sleep so you don't have to.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Guard & Patrol. (hint, say it quickly)

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    I recall 1 company I outbid for a contract for a few simple reasons: MY company sounded better / My client porfolio was not photocopied of full of BS / I initially used a virtual office to commenced with which sounds prestigous / I delivered on my demands and we did not supply security guards (always use a secondary company for low income jobs).
    Doesn't sub-contracting out on jobs run the risk of 'someone else' hurting your company image through their unprofessional/poor conduct?

OT - Choose an acronym for your company name, that'll make it more likely to be unique ie. Melbourne Protective Services

Any further consultation will cost you... but I'll undercut Mr. Security and do if for 25c LOL

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X