Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see what happens when you run ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiV12KrhD8

from security! IDK but i dont think choke hold is legal. they are denver s/o's though, is colorado unregulated
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post

from security! IDK but i dont think choke hold is legal. they are denver s/o's though, is colorado unregulated
    I originated a branch of security out there for a company my old job acquired when I was doing corporate stuff. From my experience the only place with any regulations is Denver. And they ain't all that either.
    In many areas it's still the wild west

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm I guess when cousins marry in the backwoods, anything is legal. Even as a PPCT trained officer, I have to remember that "reasonable force" can still be taken out of context and whilst you see no flying kicks or ninjitsu strikes from me, you may see me grab an elbow and press hard to have an offender subdued and under my control. No bruises, no secondary pain - just control but to some people it is excessive force but what do you call a baton strike of open hand hold ?
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

the only thing i can find in legislation in colorado laws is

A Colorado state security guard is a peace officer while engaged in the performance of his or her duties whose authority shall be limited to the scope and authority of his or her assigned duties and who may be certified by the P.O.S.T. board.

24-33.5-415.4. Security guard clearance - criminal history record checks.
        Statute text
        (1) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires:

(a) "Contract security agency" means any business which, for a fee or other consideration, agrees to furnish a uniformed security guard to protect persons, property, information, or other assets.

(b) "Proprietary security organization" means any internal functional organizational unit of a company which provides uniformed security guards for the exclusive use of such employing company.

(c) "Security guard" means any private uniformed security officer, armored car service officer, alarm response runner, watchman, lobby attendant, or other private uniformed person who is engaged in the protection of persons, property, information, or other assets.

(2) After January 1, 1992, any contract security agency or proprietary security organization may submit fingerprints of security guards to the bureau for purposes of a fingerprint-based criminal history record check pursuant to part 3 of article 72 of this title. The information obtained from the criminal history record check conducted pursuant to this section may be used by the contract security agency or proprietary security organization to determine whether or not to employ a person as a security guard. Nothing in this section shall be used as a basis for discrimination banned by section 24-34-402 (1) (a). The bureau shall charge a fee for record checks conducted pursuant to this section. The bureau shall set such fee at a level sufficient to cover the direct and indirect costs of processing requests made pursuant to this section. Moneys collected by the bureau pursuant to this section shall be subject to annual appropriation by the general assembly for the administration of criminal history record checks of security guards pursuant to this section.

I however did find that a few cities regulate it, there are no consitutional laws other then what i was able to find that i know of. i cant find links for denver license, but the city of westminser has some laws.
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

well, to compound that, arrest may also be whether or not an individual FEELS detained or not.
          sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post

Thats not a choke thats an LVNR (lateral vascular neck restraint). it temporarily restricts blood flow to the brain rendering the suspect unconscious but the are breathing the whole time.

The New LVNR® is the number one law enforcement system of neck restraint–standing, kneeling or on the ground. If your agency is now using or considering the use of neck restraints for officer safety and subject control, then the copyrighted and US Patent Office registered NLETC/KCMO PD LVNR® is the one method you need to assess. It has been extensively field and medically tested and has proven to be safer, more effective, and less controversial than any other known neck restraint method. That is why the NLETC/KCMO PD LVNR® is the predominant method of neck control, and is now being adopted nationwide by those law enforcement agencies that teach ground defense/control systems. It is also the primary control tactic for the Travel Defense System® (TDS). The front-lying LVNR® was developed for use in aisles and other close-quarters spaces. Agencies and trainers should avoid the use of single-level, or time limit approved neck restraint methods since their use has resulted in all the claims of excessive force, death, and resultant litigation involving neck restraint use. Combined arm, neck and body controls are not as effective for most officers as the direct, rear, neck-specific compression which requires minimum physical effort for LVNR® vs. maximum physical exertion for other methods. Our statistics show that 50% of all subjects will cease resistance at Level One with low-level compression on the sides of the neck; 25% will comply at Level Two with medium compression on the neck; and the other 25% will comply at Level Three or be rendered unconscious in 4 to 7 seconds. Result: No death, injury or litigation for excessive use of force for 34 years against agencies using the certified Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR®) System!

"Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
              Thats not a choke thats an LVNR (lateral vascular neck restraint). it temporarily restricts blood flow to the brain rendering the suspect unconscious but the are breathing the whole time.

The New LVNR® is the number one law enforcement system of neck restraint–standing, kneeling or on the ground. If your agency is now using or considering the use of neck restraints for officer safety and subject control, then the copyrighted and US Patent Office registered NLETC/KCMO PD LVNR® is the one method you need to assess. It has been extensively field and medically tested and has proven to be safer, more effective, and less controversial than any other known neck restraint method. That is why the NLETC/KCMO PD LVNR® is the predominant method of neck control, and is now being adopted nationwide by those law enforcement agencies that teach ground defense/control systems. It is also the primary control tactic for the Travel Defense System® (TDS). The front-lying LVNR® was developed for use in aisles and other close-quarters spaces. Agencies and trainers should avoid the use of single-level, or time limit approved neck restraint methods since their use has resulted in all the claims of excessive force, death, and resultant litigation involving neck restraint use. Combined arm, neck and body controls are not as effective for most officers as the direct, rear, neck-specific compression which requires minimum physical effort for LVNR® vs. maximum physical exertion for other methods. Our statistics show that 50% of all subjects will cease resistance at Level One with low-level compression on the sides of the neck; 25% will comply at Level Two with medium compression on the neck; and the other 25% will comply at Level Three or be rendered unconscious in 4 to 7 seconds. Result: No death, injury or litigation for excessive use of force for 34 years against agencies using the certified Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR®) System!

Oh, in wrastling terms, you mean a 'sleeper'. I asked a world class marital arts SO about those, and its the same thing they frequently use on IFL bouts as well.

If you can get in that close, its like a head lock when you were younger. That maneuver always slows down the competition for sure and makes them go limp real quick. Of course, excessive force and a quick jerk can cause a permanent chiropractic atlas adjustment: those are effective too, especially when the victim has their neck tensed up resisting (unless they have a short-neck weight-lifter pit-bull neck).

Comment

The security industry here in Colorado is the wild west, anyone can put on a uniform get a license in Denver and have at. In response to Utah's post there are very few security people here that enjoy a "peace officer status". This guy at the bus station tackled someone for trespass, calm down brother.
                I don't like as those of us at our fine school district have to be POST certified and most of us are retired LE. But we get lumped into the same pot as these untrained out of control security people. Thank you soap bow put away.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X