Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Before 9/11, I was in LA for work and managed to get approval do a "drive-along" with the LAPD. I signed a dozen forms to sign my life away, and was given a covert vest (they forget head shots I think) and told to do as I am told at all times by the LAPD officer I rode shotgun with for 8 hours. He hands me some flash cards and says "just in case man, here in some stuff in Spanish if you need it" and gives me very basic Spanish lessons.

I was waiting for the sign to say - WELCOME TO MEXICO at the border.

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
    Ive been replaced a few times for not speaking spanish... *sigh*
    Well I keep telling you to assimilate to the country you're living in. Don't expect anyone to change for you.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Was it their attitude OR pay/conditions that effected your decision most?

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Trust me - other companies will poach unhappy and lower paid staff and not even thank you for their training either. I have been approached by other companies to jump ship with them and have been happy to listen to their spiels, but I have also been happy to decline their offers as well in 95% of the cases too.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Good staff are hard to find and even harder to retain
    A happy professional employee not only provides an excellent company image, they can also generate additional company net worth/growth through efficiency, mentoring & as a positive influence for new employees...

Money well spent IMHO

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    You will probably never know WHY the decision came through as the amout of BS that flows in the industry to cover up things could fertilize Central Park for 100 years, but word will filter through those who remain onsite. Trust me, gossip will flow and you will hear more about what was behind the decision.

Good staff are hard to find and even harder to retain and if they were paying $50.00 US an hour, you would have a conga line of good staff waiting to join - so to find and train up a good member of your team costs time and $$$.

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    I was removed from a site by the contractors site manager because I did what he wanted done and it slowed things down more than he liked. Rather than take it up with me, he just had me removed.

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    Well since they've given me another site starting next week, I have to think its the client. Still it would be nice to know what it was. Was it something I could have improved on or done differently? Probably not. I will stop by sometime and see who replaced me. If the interview goes well I'll be out of contract security soon.

Come to think of it, I have found some exit doors propped open lately, maybe someone didn't like me interfering with that.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of contract security. This is common, unfortunately. It may be that your boss really doesn't know the reason, but must abide by client wishes in order to keep the contract. And what Utah said, is a very common reason.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    There could be a million reasons why you have been reassigned. It could have been something you did, or didn't do. It may not even be your fault. You may never know. Just simply carry on......

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post

No hablan espaƱol?

Craig333 - That's hardly fair, you're expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner, yet they can't extend the same level of courtesy to you? how are you supposed to self assess, monitor & improve your performance/work practices without feedback?

Personally, I'd be actively looking elsewhere... perhaps chat to some of their employees first to gain a better picture of the company

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Craig, sorry to hear.

Happened to me once as well, I was working mall security. My supervisor called me up saying the mall manager doesn't want you working there anymore, no reason either. He also told me "your a good employee, use me as a reference any time". I spoke with the mall manager and still came out not knowing why I was dismissed from the site.

Now the supervisor and I work for the same (not same as above) inhouse company making nearly 4 times the wage we made there 8 or 9 years ago. Still to this day as we reminisce of the fun times at the mall, no reason was ever found.

The joys of contract???

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    maybe youd did your job to well so they have to get less knowledgeable people... has happened to me..

Me too....

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Craig:
    You might have seen something going on and didn't realize it at the time, but somebody did.
    Someone might have been playing "hide the salami," and thought you might beat their time.
    Nothing in writing, just wait for a different assignment.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X