Loose Shirt...Baggy Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Shirt...Baggy Pants

Next time you're dealing with someone dressed this way (and who isn't, these days?), remember this video!!

This student pulled a total of 12 firearms from his pants, including what appears to be a .357, a 12-gauge and an Uzzi!

Now repeat the video and ask yourself (honestly!) whether you would have had any idea that he was concealing these weapons.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-20-2007, 08:04 PM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

I've seen that video several times over the past few years and every time I think on thing...Bull Feces.
    As someone who conceal carries daily I can tell you that there is no way that 12yo is going to be walking down the halls of any school or down the streets of any neighborhood with even half that crap on him. Try putting a shotgun down your pant leg and see if you can walk without attracting attention. Even under loose clothing guns tend to poke and snag on clothing and are not easy to keep covered from trained eyes. Bending, sitting, turning all cause clothing to move and will often give your gun a chance to reveal itself. Where are the holsters for any of the weapons? Try carrying a handgun in your pants for any amount of time without a rig to secure it and you will find that you spend lots of time picking it up off of the ground. Even if you drop a pistol in a large pocket, like I often do with my Bersa .380, the outline of the weapon often prints or bulges giving it away. Sure it's easy to have a kid stand still and load him up with props for a propaganda piece but in reality that would never happen. More likely is a kid with a backpack containing a hand gun, maybe 2, and several reloads.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 10-21-2007, 04:03 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I used to have the same sentiment as EMTGuard... however, I look back at how many times I have contacted someone who was simply "just standing there." A lot of the times on my contacts someone isnt moving around, but maybe standing by a gate at 0200 when the park closes at 2000. Or outside a business next to their car for an hour.... etc...

I dont think the intent of the video is so much of "OMGZ! THIS KID HAS 12 GUNZ!!!" but just to show that the baggy clothing can contain more than some people would expect.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

That reminds me of the little Clown car at the circus. Just when you think that there are no more out pops another.
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Always expect the unexpected. Where I was once LPM, on day 1 I was shown a .22 slug that had been fired from an offender who had fled the LP officer firing 2 shots, as he ran out a back exit.

Another time, I had the security contract for a private college when a new student ran into the main campus building screaming "bandits are trying to rob me and kill me". I arrested 2 indigenous street punks for trespass (police did the rest) and inside a meeting room told them I was coming in alone and they should hand over any weapons (ie. stick me, poke me, cut me, hurt me). Out came blades, knives of all shapes and colours and some things I had not seen before.

All was bagged and these kids wrote their OWN names, DOB and other ID on the plastic bags when they were sealed (hey I know how to self indict). When the police arrived they arrested both (just teenagers) and a quick search had them both with 9mm rounds in their pockets and had discarded a small 9mm (CZ I think) inside a drain when they got to the campus. Baggy clothes or not - concealment is possible in some form or another.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

EEP!
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
              I've seen that video several times over the past few years and every time I think on thing...Bull Feces.
              As someone who conceal carries daily I can tell you that there is no way that 12yo is going to be walking down the halls of any school or down the streets of any neighborhood with even half that crap on him. Try putting a shotgun down your pant leg and see if you can walk without attracting attention. Even under loose clothing guns tend to poke and snag on clothing and are not easy to keep covered from trained eyes. Bending, sitting, turning all cause clothing to move and will often give your gun a chance to reveal itself. Where are the holsters for any of the weapons? Try carrying a handgun in your pants for any amount of time without a rig to secure it and you will find that you spend lots of time picking it up off of the ground. Even if you drop a pistol in a large pocket, like I often do with my Bersa .380, the outline of the weapon often prints or bulges giving it away. Sure it's easy to have a kid stand still and load him up with props for a propaganda piece but in reality that would never happen. More likely is a kid with a backpack containing a hand gun, maybe 2, and several reloads.
              With all respect, the objections you raise are either incorrect or essentially irrelevant, as proven by real life.

1. People have indeed ACTUALLY carried shotguns down their pants legs, especially sawed-off variety. It can and has been done. If they walk a bit oddly, that is pretty easily explained to anyone who asks, eh? "Yup, sprained my ankle last night." How many people are gonna say "Bullpucky! I know you got a Winchester down your trow!"

2. You can pop a lot of smaller guns into a large pocket of baggy pants and not have a "gun-shaped imprint". Even my wife, who knows exactly where I always pocket my Tomcat, will ask me "Are you packing, Diamond Jim?" while we're out and around. (She says this out of the side of her mouth on account of seeing too many gangster movies.) On the other hand, now I think on it, I wonder if she's referring to something else? Oh well, no matter - the answer is always "yes" in either case.....

3. I gare-on-tee you that you'd probably be amazed to know how many people have passed you in the street with guns under their baggy shirts or jackets without you knowing it.

4. The person we're interested in here isn't planning to wear the gun around all day undetected...they're only trying to get the gun into a facility, after which they'll pull it out and commence using it. They only need to go undetected for a few minutes.

Now, watch the movie again with a different perspective. This is serious business, and it isn't "bull feces". That attitude might just shorten your life.
              Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-21-2007, 04:35 AM.
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Another thing that struck me with this video is that the guy was wearing warm weather cloths. I have always believed that the winter was the scarcest time for us as the many layers of clothing would make it easy to conceal. Looks like I need to rethink that idea
                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

If I can carry a Model 64 4" Heavy Barrel Revolver with a 36 inch waist and nobody notice...

Everyone has a gun.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

WOW! I have never seen this video before. It would seem to me that if someone had that many weapons hidden in their pants. The pants would simply fall down as he was walking. Or, some of the weapons would fall out to the floor.

Be Safe,

Hank
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X