Promotion, and a change of venue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion, and a change of venue...

I've been working night shifts (2000 - 0600) at Killington, VT ski/golf resort since January '06; Last week, I was approached by the Company Prez and his 2nd in charge, who informed me they were relocating me from my current location to a supervisory position at another account, which happens to be at the largest shopping mall here in VT; Naturally, I accepted the position, and the accompanying raise in pay ...

So now begins the transaction from handling guest service calls to deliver towels and shampoo to a guest, to services more in line with security IMO, inasmuch as issuing NOT's, detaining shoplifters, etc...

One thing I won't miss is checking the exterior of a ski lodge in Jan. when it's -13* ambient temp, and trudging thru 3 feet of snow; At least at this new post, I won't have to waste breath thrying to explain to someone at 0340 why exactly they can't whoop it up or try and go a few rounds of Bare Naked Golfing....
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    I've been working night shifts (2000 - 0600) at Killington, VT ski/golf resort since January '06; Last week, I was approached by the Company Prez and his 2nd in charge, who informed me they were relocating me from my current location to a supervisory position at another account, which happens to be at the largest shopping mall here in VT; Naturally, I accepted the position, and the accompanying raise in pay ...

So now begins the transaction from handling guest service calls to deliver towels and shampoo to a guest, to services more in line with security IMO, inasmuch as issuing NOT's, detaining shoplifters, etc...

One thing I won't miss is checking the exterior of a ski lodge in Jan. when it's -13* ambient temp, and trudging thru 3 feet of snow; At least at this new post, I won't have to waste breath thrying to explain to someone at 0340 why exactly they can't whoop it up or try and go a few rounds of Bare Naked Golfing....
    Congradulations! Suggestion: You better take French lessons. With the Canadian dollar now worth more than the US dollar Montrealers are flocking to the malls in Vermont, especially in Burlingon LOL
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
      Congradulations! Suggestion: You better take French lessons. With the Canadian dollar now worth more than the US dollar Montrealers are flocking to the malls in Vermont, especially in Burlingon LOL
      Congrats on the new assignment. And if you rather not speak french, hire people who can. Here in Tampa, the spanish population is on the rise and had been for some time. I don't speak it, so I call from back - up for the translating ! LOL!!!!

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

No nude golfing at your resort? Well, if they're going to be stuffy about little things like that, cancel my reservation!

Congratz on your promotion, although I suppose the next thing we'll be hearing is that you've banned nude shopping, too!

No smoking in the fireworks tent...no nude golf...no nude shopping...no crap games during city council meetings...What is this world coming to?!
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-19-2007, 01:05 PM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
          Just remember that every French Canadian under 50 knows how to speak English, even if they like to pretend they don't.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigshotceo View Post
            Just remember that every French Canadian under 50 knows how to speak English, even if they like to pretend they don't.....
            this statement always surprises me. I have plenty of hotel staff working in my hotel that are under 50 & can't speak English. They are not pretending
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

At least at this new post, I won't have to waste breath thrying to explain to someone at 0340 why exactly they can't whoop it up or try and go a few rounds of Bare Naked Golfing....
              That's what you think now...

Congrats on the new venue, hope you enjoy it.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The new challenges of this shopping mall account/position will be an additional opportunity for self growth (and your bank balance's ), good luck with the new assignment!
                "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

The only factor I can see immediately is your clients at the resort will be a notch more civilized on the average from the mall clients. And being the biggest mall, means you will not only get every type of person, but you will get many of each type repeatedly all day.

Malls seem like a good hang out for the homeless, God bless their souls. Naked golfers may not seem so bad later.

But anyone who knows how to wear a campaign hat should have no problem. Best of luck and look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Comment

Thanks all...

Started in my new position today; A few things I've noticed...

1. The morning sun is wayyy too bright when you're used to working at 0 dark 30...
                    2. I'm not yet quite accustomed to be addressed as "Sir"...
                    3. When meeting this morning some of the people who operate businesses in the store, being introduced as the new "Head of Security"...
                    4. How much money you spend during a shift is directly related to the location of the Security office in relation to the food court...
                    5. The manual for operation of the facility's central fire panel is about 4" thick...
                    6. According to the mall's Head of Maintenance, some of his workers mental operating capacity is the same as the above mentioned manual...

I've also got a rather large meeting to attend on Wednesday morning, where I will have the opportunity to meet with the other business managers...
                    .For the remaining 100 plus stores.... ; That's a lot of names, I better start taking fish oil capsules else ima gonna forget peoples names 15 minutes after meeting them...
                    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

I've also got a rather large meeting to attend on Wednesday morning, where I will have the opportunity to meet with the other business managers...
                      .For the remaining 100 plus stores.... ; That's a lot of names, I better start taking fish oil capsules else ima gonna forget peoples names 15 minutes after meeting them...
                      You might also want to try a ginkgo biloba herbal supplement too
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                        You might also want to try a ginkgo biloba herbal supplement too
                        The mental herb-combo booster of Ginseng and Gotu Kola are BOTH mild steroids, so always remember that wrastler Chris... His families death was when I quit all steroid combos for good. I feel more mellow now

Comment

In order to remember their names I would suggest grabbing a floor plan, copying it an writing their details next to the name of the store. Been there done that with a few places I have worked at and keep all their business cards as they do come in handy.

Congrats on the step up and the opportunity to use your skills and abilities in a new environment. Yes the extra $$$ make a difference but it is your own self-worth where you can use your brain to make changes and improve things where you will see the results and know your achievements are visible.

Good Luck !!
                          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X