X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    He doesn't know Batman.

(I'm Batman.)

If you're Batman, then I'm Hannah Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
      Wolf was working this detail and no sooner then the second I got out of the squad, one of them is asking me if I want work as a bounty hunter for them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you at least make sure a person is not mute before you ask them to go after fugitives?
      I guess he thought you looked 10 foot tall & bullet proof... take it as a compliment on your professional appearance (then laugh it off)

Originally posted by NRM_Oz
      I would be approached by every carpark security guard who would say "get me a job with your company". Not please or may I - but just "get me".
      Complete lack of decorum wouldn't you say? sadly people severely underestimate the power of good manners

Originally posted by NRM_Oz
      we have Wyatt Earp's Aussie cousins here and when you see a walking catalogue get out of a patrol car (everything from Uncle Mikes on his belt) you know you are dealing with a WANNABE hero.
      That's really hurtful NRM' it's not my fault I spend hours 'drooling' over Uncle Mike's catalogues (and secretly waiting for new releases), what can I say? I've an addiction to black nylon duty gear!

Seriously though... our RTO recommended we carry everything we could conceivably require to perform our duties, is that wanna-be-ism? boy scout mentality? or just a desire to meet our primary requirement... making it home at the end of every shift?
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Maelstrom - I always carried what I needed with me including a disposable clear poncho in a pager size case which was worth the $2.00 the night we were working 2 miles from the car on a 100f night. I was slightly damp but my partner was saturated. Look at www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au for bloody good gear as they give us a 10% discount if you send a copy of your sec licence. This is the same mob who sell those copy swords and the like inside People and Picture magazines from a few years ago (they are in WA). Send me a msg if you wish to know a bit more about these great people.

But the more you carry the more weight you need to balance out too. Sometimes 2 more keepers (I always used 6) make a huge difference to the balance but when you need something - you know you have it there too.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

More keepers might be just what I need, either that or a velcro inner belt
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            Thanks for the heads up!

More keepers might be just what I need, either that or a velcro inner belt
            I use both keepers and velcro trouser belt. It helps immensly.

Be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

IT's the quiet ones you gotta watch.

The guys that talk about everything usually don't do half the stuff the say, if that much. And people doing real secret squirrel stuff don't brag about it. Some people just have to impress you, or feel important.

I prefer to do most of the listening in a conversation, so I can know what's going on and what people are about. What they claim usually says alot about them, just not always at face value.
              sigpic
              Rocket Science
              Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
              One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

The guy is insecure and tries to compensate for it by bragging. Someone like that has emotional issues, probably from something in his background. You can find them anywhere, but they often migrate towards a uniform to give themselves a sense of self-worth. Kind of sad when you think about it.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Every rodeo has cowboys and clowns. The same is true of Madison Avenue, Wall Street, etc. The people who can do, do. The people who can't do, spend their time striking poses that they think will impress us. The trick is to know the difference.

You might have come across a dozen GENUINE "secret squirrels" in your security work, but you wouldn't know it if you did, because the operative word for those folks is....

.....SECRET!

A "secret squirrel" is the very last person you would suspect, in fact.
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-20-2007, 08:18 PM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X