Hmmmm...Maybe a rant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm...Maybe a rant?

At the site I'm currently posted, there's our company and then TWC does the internal stuff.

So, one night as I was making my rounds of the property areas, a crown vic pulls up next to me and one of Wackenhut CPO's starts chatting me up about how he's an LEO, gets to work for FEMA and on and on and on. At one point, I was wondering when he was going to claim he'd been George Bush's personal bodyguard. Sometimes, I wish hip waders were issued along with uniforms. He even went so far as to say, "We're normally armed but we're not carrying out of respect for you guys". Huh? Most of our officers ARE armed...so, WTF?! Not only did he say this in a condescending tone, but what happens if I need your master pistol skills, Wyatt Earp? Then to top it all off, he tries to hire me away from my company. Geeez....

The very next night, one of the Wackenhut guards at the gate house approaches me asking if my company is hiring. It seems, he's sick of TWC and that in his experience, the heiarchy is 3) Securitas, 2) Wackenhut, 1) Us. I told him, we were always looking for good officers and if he felt it was right he should contact our main office.

Ok, I'd worked for Wackenhut for a few months about 5 years ago and left, because I just didn't care for the company, but with guys like this CPO trying to impress me (this happened when I worked for them as well) and one of their guards asking if we were hiring, I wanna know, what's really going on these days?
    ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

That can be any company really, they all have people like that. I mean I could say the same thing about Securitas if I wanted to. I probably get at least 3 people from Securitas into our office each week wanting to put in an application. Admittedly we get a few gung ho characters at TWC, I'm not gonna deny that, but I think any company does. I've seen them in almost every company that I have seen out there.

Some TWC offices are run better than others. I love the one I'm at, I have a pretty good group of officers and our office staff is top notch. In the same sense, during my brief sabbatical to Tampa, I went into the office there with the intention of transferring. I was so disgusted with the attitude of some of the people in their office, I walked out and never went back.
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

I'd say your post is a confirmed rant (with good cause). One guy states he disarms as not to offend/disrespect other unarmed officers? That's suspect to me. I would never, never disarm as not to offend another officer. If I had to venture a guess, the knucklehead in the Crown Victoria has no clue at all. And my advice is to stay the hell away from that guy! IMHO!

Be safe,

Hank
      Last edited by Hank1; 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM.
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

allied barton tried the same thing, durning and event my company was covering, the allied barton hiring manager said you guys are a sharp looking crew talking to the 6 of us that had just finished shift, he stated you should come work for me i could offer you more (although my company starts out .50 cents more per hour) then they do, and treats you with respect which is rare in the industry, he threw down a stack of business cards and said call me, i about laughed my ass off when he walked away.
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Stupid question... TWC is?

I would'nt let this bug you, some ppl feel the need to impress all who presence they grace. Others, well others just made the mistake of betting on the wrong horse. Probably not their fault. You never truely know who your working for until your working for them. Trust me...
          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post

I would'nt let this bug you, some ppl feel the need to impress all who presence they grace. Others, well others just made the mistake of betting on the wrong horse. Probably not their fault. You never truely know who your working for until your working for them. Trust me...
            So, you're pissed off that someone tried to poach you? Treat it as what it is: a backhanded compliment.
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
              The Wackenhut Corporation
              SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

I was riding along with a buddy of mine on Minneapolis Park police, and we took a call at the Hennepin Avenue Art Fair. Wolf was working this detail and no sooner then the second I got out of the squad, one of them is asking me if I want work as a bounty hunter for them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you at least make sure a person is not mute befor you ask them to go after fugatives?
                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

When I worked back in uniform the company I worked for looked very smart when we all worked together in a group. I was supposed to wear my bars and threads but hated the added attention during a major event. I would be approached by every carpark security guard who would say "get me a job with your company". Not please or may I - but just "get me".

Tak - we have Wyatt Earp's Aussie cousins here and when you see a walking catalogue get out of a patrol car (everything from Uncle Mikes on his belt) you know you are dealing with a WANNABE hero. I have been poached for joining another company but usually decline since there is no future for me.
                  "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                    I was riding along with a buddy of mine on Minneapolis Park police, and we took a call at the Hennepin Avenue Art Fair. Wolf was working this detail and no sooner then the second I got out of the squad, one of them is asking me if I want work as a bounty hunter for them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you at least make sure a person is not mute befor you ask them to go after fugatives?
                    Did this Wolf guy happen to have a strong accent?
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                      LOL! I would agree.
                      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                        So, you're pissed off that someone tried to poach you? Treat it as what it is: a backhanded compliment.
                        The point I was trying to make is that the dolt came across acting as if he was a bad ass, when all it comes down is that he is a Super Ninja. Nothing more nothing less... This type of person isn't worth my time or energy wasted geting pissed off. Why get pissed off because he or his company isn't armed? His BS excuse for not carrying (out of respect WTFE) is something I would have laughed at. The guy sounds about as sharp as a baseball...

As far as the other guy simply asking if Taktiq's company was hiring, what the hell is wrong with that? I didn't get the impression this guy was a SN, so what's wrong with trying to better your life? How many people here have been at work and observed another company that they felt were more on the ball than their employer?

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                        The Wackenhut Corporation
                        Thanks...
                        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                          When I worked back in uniform the company I worked for looked very smart when we all worked together in a group. I was supposed to wear my bars and threads but hated the added attention during a major event. I would be approached by every carpark security guard who would say "get me a job with your company". Not please or may I - but just "get me".
                          "Sure thing buddy (mate)!! We're always looking for people with great personal skills, respect, and MANNERS..."

Tak - we have Wyatt Earp's Aussie cousins here and when you see a walking catalogue get out of a patrol car (everything from Uncle Mikes on his belt) you know you are dealing with a WANNABE hero.
                          Super Ninja's are everywhere.
                          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Yeah, I had no problem whatsoever about the gate guard asking about if we were hiring (another one of their guys asked me last night as well), but the arrogant manner this CPO displayed just made me wanna laugh....or puke (whichever comes first). The funny thing is, just because I took a few minutes out of my shift to politely chat with the guy, he constantly rolls up like we're BFF's and continues to tell me more and more about the federal sites he works. Of course he can't tell me much cause it's all so hush hush, secret squirrel type stuff. I bet he knows Batman too!

Again, I still say hip waders should be standard issue in this profession.
                            ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

Comment

He doesn't know Batman.

(I'm Batman.)
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X