Palm M500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm M500

Ok, so I just got myself a Palm m500... Now here's the question to those more advanced in tech than I; "What the heck can I do with it? How will it help me at work?"

Or should I just throw it to ebay?
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

did you get solitaire on it?

Comment

I have a Palm E2. I use mine for the calendar; email; reminders for appointments and meetings; storing pictures; e-books; Scrabble; solitaire; and storing Word documents. It's a very handy tool.
      "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Did it come with the coffee making attachment too ?

What do you WANT it to do for you ?
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

You... got a M500.

Well, its Palm OS 4.0, so there's a lot of old programs you can run on it. I have a Sony Clie which runs Palm OS 5.0, and runs by emulation Palm OS 3 and 4 applications.

The big thing about Palm devices is that you cannot multitask. When they made Palm OS, they skimped on the licensing package for the "microkernel" (Which handles telling the device itself what to do, the programs talk to the OS and the OS talks to the microkernel, sorta like BIOS) and they're only allowed to run one process at a time.

This means that while you're in the Calendar Application, nothing else can be open or running.

So, what can you do with it? You can run any Palm OS 1.0 to 4.0 application, you may be able to upgrade it to Palm OS 4.5 (depends on model).

Did it come with a cradle and cable, or just a cable to connect it to the PC? That's how you get apps on it.

You'll need a copy of Palm Desktop 4.0 for the M500, as well, if you didn't get a CD. I wouldn't bother ebaying it, though. They're ancient.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I got the cradle, and power cord, and the USB connector... I guess my brain is on strike, as I can't seem to down load squat-well I got the palm desktop thingy but that seems to be it.
            ~Super Ninja Sniper~
            Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X