Texas armed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas armed question

I was just looking through the Texas Private Security Bureau site at www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/ Is my understanding of the lower information right that the State issues the license and individual counties have control over how the Security Officers can get the firearm to and from their site? This must be more difficult for security companies with sites in more than one county or even Officers moving through them!

New Law on Carrying of a Firearm by Commissioned Security Officers
    (House Bill 2101, 80th Legislative Session)

The Department has received numerous inquiries regarding the effect of House Bill 2101, which was enacted during the 80th Legislative Session, addressing the ability of commissioned security officers to carry their firearms to and from their places of assignment.

Whether or not a security officer is carrying a weapon lawfully in any particular case under HB 2101 will be determined by the law enforcement agency with which the security officer comes into contact, in consultation with the prosecutor in the county in which the incident occurs. The Department has no authority to determine or comment on how HB 2101 will be enforced by the various local law enforcement agencies and prosecutors in the State of Texas.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

in other words, it's a crap shoot
    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Well....

I was told that your best bet is to get your CHL as well. Then you can toss the weapon in your glove compartment or something until you arrive on site and then again back at home. Saves alot of trouble with the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        I was just looking through the Texas Private Security Bureau site at www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/ Is my understanding of the lower information right that the State issues the license and individual counties have control over how the Security Officers can get the firearm to and from their site? This must be more difficult for security companies with sites in more than one county or even Officers moving through them!

New Law on Carrying of a Firearm by Commissioned Security Officers
        (House Bill 2101, 80th Legislative Session)

The Department has received numerous inquiries regarding the effect of House Bill 2101, which was enacted during the 80th Legislative Session, addressing the ability of commissioned security officers to carry their firearms to and from their places of assignment.

Whether or not a security officer is carrying a weapon lawfully in any particular case under HB 2101 will be determined by the law enforcement agency with which the security officer comes into contact, in consultation with the prosecutor in the county in which the incident occurs. The Department has no authority to determine or comment on how HB 2101 will be enforced by the various local law enforcement agencies and prosecutors in the State of Texas.
        As far as i can see state law allows you to carry it to and from work. From the wording of the statute so if cops dont like it tough.
        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
          I was told that your best bet is to get your CHL as well. Then you can toss the weapon in your glove compartment or something until you arrive on site and then again back at home. Saves alot of trouble with the police.
          having the uniform on negates CHL- carrying concealed while in uniform is NOT allowed. but if you change on site I suppose it's okay
          sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X