Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

Why not use this board/site for quality information and training subject postings. As an example the history of our profession, what do you actually know about it, when was it started, what nations help perfected it, I bet if I wrote something up you would not believe our history. Let's see just how knowledgeable you are on this topic:

( a ) What is the oldest evidence supporting our profession within society ?.

( b ) What is the oldest documentation that supports that our profession is the oldest societal policing force ?.

( c ) What did our profession use in the early colonial days to sound an alarm ?.

( d ) What country first mandated by " law " the establishment of our profession as the first police force in society, and who ordered it ?.

( e ) What was the first weapon mandated by law that our profession had to carry while on duty ?.

( f ) What famous artist made a painting focusing on our profession and what's the name of the painting ?.

( g ) Where in the United States was the first documented paid Security Officer ?.

( h ) How many Security Officers stood their posts in the World Trade Center on 9/11 and gave their lives saving others ?.

( i ) What Security Officer took down a United States Presidency through due diligence of duty ?.

( j ) What American Security Company is currently providing support services in Iraq to military bases and getting into fire fights with insurgents along side United States Marines ?.

( k ) What is the first " law " created mandating and authorizing our profession to make arrests of criminal suspects ?.

( l ) What was one of the first badges issued to Watchmen ?.

Go below and see how well you scored :O)

Answers: Cave Dwelling Pictographs, The Bible and Torah citations by Prophet Ezik ( 597 B.C. ), A wooden clicker, England under King Edward I through the Winchester Act, The Club, Rembrant called " The Watch ", New Amsterdam Settlement today's New York, 41 Security Officers, Frank Willis Discovered Watergate leading to Nixon Resigning, Black Hawk Security Services, The Winchester Act, A starburst type badge that had the words " Police " on it.

interesting thought, I had a similar idea but thought I may look like an @ss. Glad to see this type of topic.

Comment

( j ) What American Security Company is currently providing support services in Iraq to military bases and getting into fire fights with insurgents along side United States Marines ?.

Not Black Hawk as you stated, but Blackwater... Amazing tactical firearms training courses if you don't mind dropping $2k and spending 5-days at their compound in NC.
      Last edited by davis002; 02-08-2006, 02:46 PM.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Can members from other parts of the world contribute, or is it a purely American?

Comment

IrishGuard. Any input from anywhere in the world is appreciated by true professionals. To survive, it must be share and share alike.
          Much of what we, not to mention public law enforcement, do today we owe to a transplanted Scot, Alan Pinkerton.
          The ten security instructions pounded into our heads in military basic training came from Pinkerton's "Blue Book."
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

BlackWater is working here in Louisiana too. Several of their "agents" are shacked up in rented dorm rooms in the Jimmy Swaggart campus in Baton Rouge.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X