Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bay area guards strike ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bay area guards strike ....

    here is a video...

    http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=159757

    and some news links

    http://www.nbc11.com/news/14188689/detail.html
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/search/ci_7070528
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

  • #2
    This is the fascinating part about SEIU. They pull unionization cards from client sites, not companies, so you have one building with 5 companies in at, and they're all striking.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't really understand the whole union thing. I know in Minnesota some cities have union guards and other don't. A Securitas guard working in Minneapolis or St. Paul is union and if you work in the suburbs you are not from the little I understand.

      I know people the work for Securitas and not even they can really explain it. It would make it tough on the company since I doubt non union guards can work at union sites and probably vice versa. That means that you would have to have union flexes and non union flexes.

      I have never been in a union and the more I hear about them it makes me more grateful of that fact.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have never understood the idea behind a strike. Your complaining because your not getting higher wages, so you voluntarily stop working... Ya, that'll pay the rent.
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

        Nemo me impune lacessit

        Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          This is the fascinating part about SEIU. They pull unionization cards from client sites, not companies, so you have one building with 5 companies in at, and they're all striking.
          The large militant union in Quebec the CSN (CNTU in English) is like that. The workers of most of the downtown hotels are members of this union. They have common front strikes. They ask for the same things from all the hotels & have expiry dates for all the hotels that are the same. So when they go on strike, all go on strike. My owner is one of the few who found a way to beat them. He simply locks them out before they strike!
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
            I have never understood the idea behind a strike. Your complaining because your not getting higher wages, so you voluntarily stop working... Ya, that'll pay the rent.
            Yeah, well when you're being paid an unfair wage, sometimes you just have to take a stand. The union here SEIU (for Mental Health Workers, not Security) was offering strikers $200 a week and I think assistance with their bills.

            The problem with security, a lot of the companies just dont care, when you're paying people $8.00/hr and they're asking for $13.00/hr, it's easier to just fire everyone and hire new workers willing to do it for the $8.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
              The large militant union in Quebec the CSN (CNTU in English) is like that. The workers of most of the downtown hotels are members of this union. They have common front strikes. They ask for the same things from all the hotels & have expiry dates for all the hotels that are the same. So when they go on strike, all go on strike. My owner is one of the few who found a way to beat them. He simply locks them out before they strike!
              US law prevents a security force from joining the same union as the other employee. This doesn't apply to security only unions, or to people who demand union representation.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

              Comment

              Leaderboard

              Collapse
              Working...
              X