Boot Camo Guards and Nurse found not guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Camo Guards and Nurse found not guilty

I was flipping through court tv and the ticker on the bottom of the screen said they were found not guilty.

I heard something about a video and the death of a kid in a teen boot camp.

Anyone know the story? When I get time, I'll try and look it up online for a news story and a video.

Yup, Ive been glued to the set on this one for quite some time.

Basically this kid was in a Bootcamp alternative to jail. The officers were around him shouting and placing ammonia capsules upon his mouth and nose. He ended up collapsing and later dying.

The prosecution's big take was they were negligent and it caused the death of the child.

The Defense played up the fact the child had sickle cell which caused his death.

The parents were supposed to report to the bootcamp that he had sickle cell, but they didn't. They said he didn't have it so the officers basically had no way of knowing what was going on.

The prosecution put on a heck of a show, though I am ecstatic the guards were acquitted, I was rather sure they were going to be convicted.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Link

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...25765820071012
      Craig

Comment

Also, Im hearing the NAACP is going to try to get them charged with civil rights violations in Federal Court.

NAACP is going after this group because there were 5 white officers and an african american juvenile. There were two african american officers, but the NAACP is calling them "De-facto white people" because they work in a uniform for "the man."
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X